Asus P5K Premium Wifi Black Pearl !ONLY!

spanakorizo

34 posts in this topic

• 3 months later...

Hi Man ...

I would like to know if it's possible to direct modify the bios using this patched dsdt file ?

I'm grabbing the Latest 1101 bios from site, running the mydigitallife SLIC 2.1 AMI Patch - add this Slic / SLP from ASUS. Insert the SLI cert into bios.

It has a possible to patch the dsdt table direct, could you drop this file directed and continous?

Does it generate anyproblem if i also update the OptinROM inside the bios ??

Thanks a lot !

• 2 weeks later...
Eyxaristw :( so much for the info, my P5K Premium Runs 10.6.4 now ... Sleep / Wake is working, the only issue is wifi and one of the ethernets, probably because I 'm running in 64bit Kernel Mode ???

I may be wrong but I think the wifi kext (rtl8187.kext) only works in 32bit mode. I would very much like to know how to get it working since it's the only think keeping me from running 64bit mode.

yes wi-fi drivers unfortunatelly are only 32bit mode.

some questions around that i didnt reply:

q:what kexts do u use right now?

a: only 1, PlatformUUID.kext and maybe i dont need either (for sound i have a PCI m-audio card)

for fakesmc i use the one from here: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...1206&st=360

u need to install it in S/L/E and not Extra folder

with this i am monitoring even the GPU temp etc

i attach it here , all the credits and further discussion goes to the original thread i posted

q: which method do u use for installation of SL?

a: i dont remember but was the one with restoration of the image in a new Disk with 2 partitions SL / EFI

edit:// i think it was this method: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=183751 with the only difference that i have 2 partitions and everything is loaded in EFI.

in the Extra folder i have dsdt.aml, extensions.mkext,smbios.plist and com.apple.Boot.plist

if i need to change kexts and rebuild mkexts i do it by terminal or u can use the MacLoader_SL_0.3 updater command and put the kexts in the folder KEXTS, it will rebuild the forlder Extra in EFI partition

in the root of EFI partition for boot file now i use this: (i think is chameleon rc5 modified version rc5_498) it has autodetection of ram and more interesting stuff

boot.zip

Hi, I want to ask you guys about an issue I'm having that has been annoying me:

Whenever I boot in SL (10.6.5) my clock is wrong. Sometimes, after a little while it will get updated, but, on other times it will take very long before it gets updated, so I have to update it manually (by launching date & time preferences). I noticed that SL changes my BIOS time settings to a "standard" date and time (if I'm not wrong, it's always the 4th of the current month).

When it wakes from sleep it also happens sometimes, but now the time will be the time I put it to sleep (it's like if the clock stopped while on sleep)

So, is there a way to keep this from happening? To make the clock to "keep running" while on sleep and to prevent SL from messing with my BIOS settings?

thank you very much for the attention.

BTW: this is not a windows dual boot conflict since I don't have dual boot.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get it why sleep isn't working.

I have your AML and FakeSMC Rev405.

P & C States = Yes

If I click sleep mode from the menu. The screen goes black and the machine is still powered on. Doing nothing though. Can't get it out of sleep so cold reboot is needed.

No warnings with _CST on boot and everything loads.

• 1 month later...
Hi, I want to ask you guys about an issue I'm having that has been annoying me:

Whenever I boot in SL (10.6.5) my clock is wrong. Sometimes, after a little while it will get updated, but, on other times it will take very long before it gets updated, so I have to update it manually (by launching date & time preferences). I noticed that SL changes my BIOS time settings to a "standard" date and time (if I'm not wrong, it's always the 4th of the current month).

When it wakes from sleep it also happens sometimes, but now the time will be the time I put it to sleep (it's like if the clock stopped while on sleep)

So, is there a way to keep this from happening? To make the clock to "keep running" while on sleep and to prevent SL from messing with my BIOS settings?

thank you very much for the attention.

BTW: this is not a windows dual boot conflict since I don't have dual boot.

i think this has been discussed (or something like this) since the beggining of SL (to me never happened) and it was fixed by DSDT (fixed on mine)

just google cmos reset osx or hackintosh and you'll find your way

I don't get it why sleep isn't working.

I have your AML and FakeSMC Rev405.

P & C States = Yes

If I click sleep mode from the menu. The screen goes black and the machine is still powered on. Doing nothing though. Can't get it out of sleep so cold reboot is needed.

No warnings with _CST on boot and everything loads.

if u have the same hardware sleep will work. I allways didnt have sleep,since the begging of tiger (10.4.1 i remember sniff)then leopard and 1st time computer sleep was after i started editing my dsdt.

Report your hardware.

Allways try to boot with as less you can hardware to understand the problem.

What is your DVD rom? (IDE or SATA?)

if its IDE unplug it,boot again and try to sleep

and for sure try once to sleep by remove everything in the usbs

• 5 months later...
Hello YouDoMeIDoYou,

inputs and outputs are not available in info and sound system only works if you're on Unknow :rolleyes:  

there are no entrances and exits :line out ,line in ect ect

uses 3 kexts to work on his :voodoohda,hdaenabler and AD1988b.Fix.kext.while on Leopard I have all the inputs and outputs, you'd have a solution for snow ?

preife10.jpg

son_en10.jpg

SL 10.6.7 work.

For AD1988B Audio at P5K Premium u have set:

1. DSDT part:

Device (HDEF)
               {
                   Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
                   Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                   {
                       Store (Package (0x08)
                           {
                               "codec-id", 
                               Buffer (0x04)
                               {
                                   0x9B, 0x82, 0x43, 0x10
                               }, 

"layout-id", 
                               Buffer (0x04)
                               {
                                   0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                               }, 

"device-type", 
                               Buffer (0x17)
                               {
                                   "Analog Devices AD1988B"
                               }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                               Buffer (0x24)
                               {
                                   /* 0000 */    0x30, 0x40, 0x21, 0x01, 0x10, 0x40, 0x11, 0x01, 
                                   /* 0008 */    0x40, 0x90, 0xA1, 0x01, 0x50, 0x30, 0x81, 0x01, 
                                   /* 0010 */    0x60, 0x10, 0x01, 0x01, 0x20, 0x90, 0xA0, 0x90, 
                                   /* 0018 */    0x80, 0xF1, 0x45, 0x01, 0x90, 0xF1, 0xC5, 0x01, 
                                   /* 0020 */    0x70, 0x60, 0x01, 0x01
                               }
                           }, Local0)
                       DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                       Return (Local0)
                   }
               }

2. Remove VoodooHDA KEXT from /S/L/E

3. Put your AD1988b.Fix.kext in /E/E with Cham loader.