"Are we going back in time?" error at efi guid startup

mschilling

10 posts in this topic

I didn't record any more info, as I reacted by a hasty shutdown and it started normally the second time. Is this some kind of error between the bios and the efi info? Would MBR be a better way to go without the extra security of guid? I wondering...

It happens every so often on my notebook and desktop system. 99% of the time it sorts itself out and the system boots fine. The other 1% of the time, the error persists and I have to reboot the system.

It's not a huge deal.

Thanks, I thought I was the only one, lol. I noticed that you have a Gateway laptop, did that Dell wireless card work easily? I guess yours has a mini pci-e card like mine. I also read your post that you got the trackpad scolling to work on your laptop. Did you use the solution in that post, and have it work as described or was there more to it? thanks for any help!

"Similiar" problem here:

We are going backwards --> restart timing.

calibration failed with to attempts

When I'm lucky, Leopard boot. If not so, it doesn't with this message. Sometimes also a kernel panic appears, but not very often. I would say, in 1 of 3 cases Leo boots... I've to be patient every time I boot ;-)

Thanks, I thought I was the only one, lol. I noticed that you have a Gateway laptop, did that Dell wireless card work easily? I guess yours has a mini pci-e card like mine. I also read your post that you got the trackpad scolling to work on your laptop. Did you use the solution in that post, and have it work as described or was there more to it? thanks for any help!

All I did for the trackpad was remove the trackpad .kext so that it was detected as a mouse. Voila, scrolling.

The drawback is that when you brush the trackpad while typing the cursor moves, whereas when you're using the trackpad .kext, it's less sensitive and usually doesn't move the cursor on you while typing.

The network card was a drop-in fix, no fuss and no mess. They're also REALLY cheap on eBay atm.

"Similiar" problem here:

calibration failed with to attempts

I get this same problem, but only when switching between my windows installation and Leopard. In order to do so, I need to turn AHCI mode on for leopard, off for windows, and i believe that some time stamp somewhere ends up not matching with the bios time (because occasionally my bios time is off by hours (12?) after the switch). Usually, I reboot a few times, and it works itself out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

having this problem too on an acer aspire 5551. everything works dual booting between xp and leopard except for the occasional going back in time error, its no biggy but its irritating having to reboot the system everytime i run into it, also ive notice the bios time changes and so does the time in xp. anyone know how to set it right?

also regarding the trackpad all i have to do is delete the kext and my scrolling will work?

thanks for all your help.