PATCHED FILES FOR DVD PLAYER(SSE2)

Slinger2g

99 posts in this topic

Hi Folks!

DVD Player crashes on start.

Errormsg: Symbol not found: _DVDSetDeInterlaceQuality

Referenced from: /Applications/DVD Player.app/Contents/MacOS/DVD Player

Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A/DVDPlayback

well ... i'm running AMD64 Athlon 3200+ with Leopard 10.5.2

Grafix: Sapphire Radeon HD2600XT AGP CI/QE supported

Hi Folks!DVD Player crashes on start. Errormsg: Symbol not found: _DVDSetDeInterlaceQuality Referenced from: /Applications/DVD Player.app/Contents/MacOS/DVD Player Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A/DVDPlaybackwell ... i'm running AMD64 Athlon 3200+ with Leopard 10.5.2 Grafix: Sapphire Radeon HD2600XT AGP CI/QE supported
I'm not that familiar with AMD, is the 3200+ SSE3 capable? If so you shouldn't need the patched files as they are SSE2 user only.~Sling
Have you tried to modify Nvidia's VADriver.bundle for Nvidia users? It would be great if you could help us out too!!!!!!!
Someone already posted success with GeForce 5200. It is compatible with Nvidia. Read post #28.~Sling

I'm not that familiar with AMD, is the 3200+ SSE3 capable? If so you shouldn't need the patched files as they are SSE2 user only.~SlingSomeone already posted success with GeForce 5200. It is compatible with Nvidia. Read post #28.~Sling

it is not SSE3 capable. Definitely not. Believe me. I was running CPUIDZ to be sure.

Just popping in to tell you that it works flawlessly on my Notebook. Hp/Comaq NC6000/NW8000. SSE2, Pentium M, 1700Mhz.

I just installed the two files listed on the first page and all is good. Thanks!

Glad to see it worked for you largo!

CHEERS

Just popping in to tell you that it works flawlessly on my Notebook. Hp/Comaq NC6000/NW8000. SSE2, Pentium M, 1700Mhz.

I just installed the two files listed on the first page and all is good. Thanks!

you just install the 2 file and it works?? did you install the powermanagement files?

This Patch works on Leopard 10.5 (I haven't tried updates as yet, using a 10.5 patched restore DVD using the brazilmac method (patch script modified)

I Tried both the driver and dvdplayback on a P4, running an XFX Nvidia 6200 graphics card, DVD Player works well in 10.4.8 with the patch installed but always ended in DVDPlayer crashing in 10.5.

Install only the AppleVAdriver.bundle in 10.5 and follow Slinger2g's instructions before rebooting, you should be good to go.

AppleVADriver.bundle.zip

• 2 months later...

On my notebook ( spec below) on any version off tiger dvd player has always worked just fine except 1 time is ws kinda choppy because i used wrong kernel is {censored} her in leopard 10.5.2/3 thoNice 1Just tried the driver abover there in my 10.5.2 setup works great didnt even reboot lololol

• 4 weeks later...
On my notebook ( spec below) on any version off tiger dvd player has always worked just fine except 1 time is ws kinda choppy because i used wrong kernel is {censored} her in leopard 10.5.2/3 thoNice 1Just tried the driver abover there in my 10.5.2 setup works great didnt even reboot lololol

Yeah, the file's work in Tiger as well as Leopard.

~Sling

hey guys, encountered some sort of a problem here. i tried to install both files, and ended up making my hackintosh worse off

i had previously (accidentally) rid myself of the need to use the 2-pin trick while retaining full QE/CI support on my intel915 card, but after installing both files i managed to mess up and once again need the use of these 2 files

would anyone know why this happened?

anyways, if anyone had a copy of the original dvdplayback file for 10.4.8, could i ask for it? it seems like i made a mistake in backing up and actually backed up the patch file. thanks a lot guys!

----------------------

Acer Aspire 5500z

40 GB HDD

768 MB RAM

intel gma915 (QE/CI working, still with 2-pin fix..... again)

intel 2200bg wlan (working)

broadcom ethernet (working)

conexant modem (haven't bothered trying)

audio (works)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have an SSE2 iDeneb 1.3 system using Voodoo kernel 1.0 and ended up buying a 2nd hand NVidia FX5500 AGP 256MB ($20 on ebay) to replace my unsupported ATI 9700 Pro 128MB and eventually figured out how to get the injectors to work (Titan worked best in my case). I found that DVD player would bring down the entire system when I put a disc in the drive, so kept doing my research and had the idea that using an EFI string instead of an injector would resolve all my video woes.. I eventually figured out how to get the EFI string to work but DVD player still crashed the PC... More searching led me here and I've just installed the AppleVADriver.kext replacement and it's working perfectly in 10.5.5!!

As reported by others, the DVDPlayback framework isn't needed in 10.5.5 (and possibly other Leo releases). It just causes DVD Player to unexpectedly quit.

Quicktime performance has had a massive speed boost too! Thanks for all your hard work!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Can somebody please help me? I get "There was an initialization error. A valid DVD drive could not be found. [-70012]" whenever I open the DVDPlayer.

My system setup is:

Asus P5E with 4GB RAM

Nvidia 8800 GT 512BM

Intel Core Quad Q6600

I first installed iATKOS v4i. Then updated successively to 10.5.6. But the DVDPlayer never worked. It's the only application that doesn't work.

Thanks.