PATCHED FILES FOR DVD PLAYER(SSE2)

Slinger2g

99 posts in this topic

Just installed on my new OSX install using the XXX 10.4.11 dvd with the 10.4.10 install on 8.9.1 kernel. Blah!

Either way i am getting GREAT DVD playback now on my setup with low CPU usage. I still have not setup sound yet (Just installed OSX today) but this is a good step in the direction of a working build... Thank you.

Processor Intel Celeron M Processor 360M (1.4-GHz, 400-MHz FSB, 1-MB L2 cache)1

Chipset Mobile Intel 910GML Express Chipset

System Memory 512-MB 400-MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Hard Drive 60-GB3 5400 rpm SMART PATA

Removable Media DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive

Display 15.4-inch WXGA BrightView (1280 x 800 resolution)

Graphics Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900

Audio Conexant CX20468

Hmmmmmm.......... Let me know if that is a clean install, or you have Insomnia.kext loaded???

The power bundle may cause a display bug???

I am interested as to what you find.....

~Sling

As of right now, no.

I am going to take a look at the pmbundle tonight.

You might need to use an older pmbundle without powersavings.....

Though as I said I have a Sony VAIO with pmbundle patched and I don't have any problems.

HOWEVER, I am not using Insomnia.kext, which if you are, it may be causing the display bug.

Let me know if you are using Insomnia, and if you are, remove it temporarily and see if your screen still goes blank.

Thanks

~Sling

The only difference with the AppleVADriver.bundle I posted is the SSE3 instruction has been re-written entirely in SSE2 code.

I am wondering maybe revert back to the original DVDplayer.framework and just use the AppleVADriver.bundle.

If anyone wants to try, I will pm the original framework.

Let me know

~Sling

Ýou're a hero, this... (and the card reader) are the only two things that I have left to make my Presario V4000 a truly powerbook experience. Please take a look on the PM bundle issue... Its true. If PM is installed the video cannot be displayed.

Also, I can confirm you...that ONLY the bundle is needed to work....You dont have to change the framework.

Specs on my sig. Thanks

The only difference with the AppleVADriver.bundle I posted is the SSE3 instruction has been re-written entirely in SSE2 code.

I am wondering maybe revert back to the original DVDplayer.framework and just use the AppleVADriver.bundle.

If anyone wants to try, I will pm the original framework.

Let me know

~Sling

From the Read Me in the powermanagement.bundle source:

"Notes/Instructions:

Note: XCode does not ship with many of the header files required to build this project. Therefore, a set of header files need to be cobbled together from the XNU, IOKitUser and configd packages.

To give you a brief overview of what is contained in the PowerManagement project, here is a run down of the directories and the sub-components they contain:

AppleSmartBatteryManager - Compiles into AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext to provide some sort of battery management capability.

ioupsd - Compiles into ioupsd, a daemon for polling UPS devices.

pmconfigd - Compiles into PowerManagement.bundle, responsible for detecting batteries and storing the information in the appropriate places for other programs to access.

pmset - Compiles into pmset, a command line utility to view/set many power management functions.

Note: As of now (4/13/06), it is not possible to compile AppleSmartBatteryManager due to the following missing include: #include <IOKit/smbus/IOSMBusController.h> As of now, I have not been able to find this header, and I believe it is in part of the x86 kernel sources not yet released by Apple. Therefore, due to this, you can not have a build target of "all", but rather must choose the specific component you want to compile, directly.

The only code that was changed here is the code contained in pmconfigd. This is responsible for compiling into the PowerManagement.bundle located in /System/Library/SystemConfiguration. Therefore this is the only part of the PowerManagement package that needs to be built in order to fix power management functionality."

The only thing I can see as to being the culprit is the fact that "AppleSmartBatteryManager" is incomplete.

The source also talk's about pmconfigd storing info for other programs to access such as "DVDPlayer.app".

~Sling

So is a dead end for us? we cannot change the pmconfigd? I concur with you that this is likely the cause of the problems....

Also I hunting down an earlier powermanagementl.bundle (without power saving features) I only need battery info .. do you know where can be located?

Thanks.

From the Read Me in the powermanagement.bundle source:

"Notes/Instructions:

Note: XCode does not ship with many of the header files required to build this project. Therefore, a set of header files need to be cobbled together from the XNU, IOKitUser and configd packages.

To give you a brief overview of what is contained in the PowerManagement project, here is a run down of the directories and the sub-components they contain:

AppleSmartBatteryManager - Compiles into AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext to provide some sort of battery management capability.

ioupsd - Compiles into ioupsd, a daemon for polling UPS devices.

pmconfigd - Compiles into PowerManagement.bundle, responsible for detecting batteries and storing the information in the appropriate places for other programs to access.

pmset - Compiles into pmset, a command line utility to view/set many power management functions.

Note: As of now (4/13/06), it is not possible to compile AppleSmartBatteryManager due to the following missing include: #include <IOKit/smbus/IOSMBusController.h> As of now, I have not been able to find this header, and I believe it is in part of the x86 kernel sources not yet released by Apple. Therefore, due to this, you can not have a build target of "all", but rather must choose the specific component you want to compile, directly.

The only code that was changed here is the code contained in pmconfigd. This is responsible for compiling into the PowerManagement.bundle located in /System/Library/SystemConfiguration. Therefore this is the only part of the PowerManagement package that needs to be built in order to fix power management functionality."

The only thing I can see as to being the culprit is the fact that "AppleSmartBatteryManager" is incomplete.

The source also talk's about pmconfigd storing info for other programs to access such as "DVDPlayer.app".

~Sling

The guy that hacked the pm.bundle hasn't been online since some time in '07......

I have the link to his page if that helps..

Sorry

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showuser=6173

P.S. On his page one of his post's is of the new pm.bundle which causes the black screen in DVDPlayer.app....

The new pm.bundle in his post "fixes" battery info, go figure.

Is a tough decision to make, because if we eliminate the pm.bundle we cannot see the battery remaining indicator......

This issue is de-railed your efforts on the laptop side, because without pm is a problem.

Hey man, did you have powermanagement.bundle installled (the battery indicator on the bar) ????

Just installed on my new OSX install using the XXX 10.4.11 dvd with the 10.4.10 install on 8.9.1 kernel. Blah!Either way i am getting GREAT DVD playback now on my setup with low CPU usage. I still have not setup sound yet (Just installed OSX today) but this is a good step in the direction of a working build... Thank you.Processor Intel Celeron M Processor 360M (1.4-GHz, 400-MHz FSB, 1-MB L2 cache)1Chipset Mobile Intel 910GML Express ChipsetSystem Memory 512-MB 400-MHz DDR2 SDRAMHard Drive 60-GB3 5400 rpm SMART PATARemovable Media DVD/CD-RW Combo DriveDisplay 15.4-inch WXGA BrightView (1280 x 800 resolution)Graphics Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900Audio Conexant CX20468
where to find a pm.bundle without powersavings.... or your bundle for that matter....
As of right now, no.I am going to take a look at the pmbundle tonight.You might need to use an older pmbundle without powersavings.....Though as I said I have a Sony VAIO with pmbundle patched and I don't have any problems.HOWEVER, I am not using Insomnia.kext, which if you are, it may be causing the display bug.Let me know if you are using Insomnia, and if you are, remove it temporarily and see if your screen still goes blank.Thanks~Sling
If someone has older pm.bundle we can do some tests, but i googled the internet, and the only patched file available is the one that resides in the first post on the pm. topic....IF SOMEONE HAS IT, please post it... Thanks.
P.S. On his page one of his post's is of the new pm.bundle which causes the black screen in DVDPlayer.app....The new pm.bundle in his post "fixes" battery info, go figure.

Or I can just edit out all the power savings value's.

I guess I'll strip it down to the status icon and battery level indicator.

Let me know and I will get started, all I ask is that someone be my beta tester.

~Sling

If you can do that I will be your guinea pig... :blink: I can live without power-saving measures (they didn't work well anyway on a hack) but the battery indicator is a must.

Or I can just edit out all the power savings value's.

I guess I'll strip it down to the status icon and battery level indicator.

Let me know and I will get started, all I ask is that someone be my beta tester.

~Sling