Fixes/Changes you've noticed in 10.5.2

lessew

11 posts in this topic

I figured I'd start a thread where we can post changes we've noticed in 10.5.2. Here's what I've noticed so far since installing it.

TimeMachine menubar application has been fixed... It now reports the correct time of the last backup for me.

Stacks has been fixed. It's now faster for me, and ALWAYS renders the contents. Before it was giving me issues where it wouldn't render the first three items in a folder.

The well-publicized changes to the Stacks menu.

The release notes say that stacks adds "list view" and also "folder view" - I wonder what the last one is. Will see when I get home.

It also says there's now an option to view large folder icons in Mail - I'm guessing that's kind of like how Mail was before Leopard.

I noticed my wifi breaks every 5 to 10 minutes and the airport menubar icon just says 'scanning' until it finds my network again and it's back to normal, but this happens every 5 to 10 minutes, so it's incredibly annoying.

Going to have to downgrade back to 10.5.1 if I can, this sucks...

Stacks grid view has a new look. The old style was just a plain rounded square talk bubble thing with a gradient (and the little ^ thing was a strange shade). It has been updated to have a faint white stroke, drop shadow, no gradient, and the ^ is fixed to be the same shade as the inner bubble.

Menus are much more opaque, almost 100% opaque. Stupid idea, it was perfect before, now it feels funny since its like 98% opaque.

Those are some less obvious ones.