Hang at "/usr/sbin/ocspd[39]: starting"

spock84

41 posts in this topic

How does one go about rewriting EFI Strings exactly? I found instructions to install NVInject and the Kext for an Nvidia 9800m, but have not gotten the install to a point that I feel it is stable enough to try it yet.

I am running a 9800m GTS and the instructions I found were for the 9800 GT so I don't want to cause any additional problems with an install that I don't feel is exactly stable.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but the details of my install steps are here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...p;#entry1064679

This definately seems to be an EFI Strings related problem. I deleted my strings out of the plist on a clean leo install with boot132 but now i seem to have a grey screen and a spinning beach ball of death. ill see what i can dig up.

flash

Thank you for the explanation, that explains why re-writing my graphics EFI strings fixed the problem.

This happens to me to when I did update from my Ideneb 10.5.5 to 10.5.6

But how to re-writing EFI strings for Geforce 6600 256mb the right way?

I've got 1 HD!

First Partition Vista with chain0 and

the Second Partition rdisk0s2 Ideneb with PCI_EFI v.9

I've tried to set up Nvinject. Result - I can boot one time without a error.

The Second Time again got a OCspd (71) hang!

Same happend with Titan Nvidia.

One driver setup is good for one boot. I dont get it!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem with iDendeb 10.5.5 Build 9F33, tried all the mentioned solutions but nothing worked so far, the system just panic, all apps freeze and the only solution is to restart which is frustrating

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

I have the same issue, my reboot after a clean install hangs at "localhost (date and time): "/usr/sbin/ocspd[(some #)] starting"

I didn't check any of the graphics drivers when I customized the installation. Do I still need to rewrite my EFI strings? How can I do that in single-user mode because I can't boot even with -x and -f? Does the installer choose any default graphics drivers if I don't select any?

I know those are a lot of questions, but any help would be awesome.

Thanks,

iMaxS

Hi everybody,

I have the same issue, my reboot after a clean install hangs at "localhost (date and time): "/usr/sbin/ocspd[(some #)] starting"

I didn't check any of the graphics drivers when I customized the installation. Do I still need to rewrite my EFI strings? How can I do that in single-user mode because I can't boot even with -x and -f? Does the installer choose any default graphics drivers if I don't select any?

I know those are a lot of questions, but any help would be awesome.

Thanks,

iMaxS

If you are installing from something like iDeneb, you might have made the same mistake I did. You have to use the "Customize" button when installing with iDeneb. It does not assume you have anything. I used the "Customize" button to tell it that I was using nVidia, and I was able to get past this lock up.

If you're used to something like Kalyway, you'll miss this step during the install process and get lock ups on a fresh installation.

If you are installing from something like iDeneb, you might have made the same mistake I did. You have to use the "Customize" button when installing with iDeneb. It does not assume you have anything. I used the "Customize" button to tell it that I was using nVidia, and I was able to get past this lock up.

If you're used to something like Kalyway, you'll miss this step during the install process and get lock ups on a fresh installation.

Hi Funkho,

I used the customize button, but I only did a minimal install, selecting the chipset, voodoo kernel, and necessary fixes. I DID NOT select any graphics drivers, because when I had selected graphics drivers it still froze at the same place.

Any ideas? Also, what laptop model are you using?

Thanks,

iMaxS

• 2 weeks later...

This is really confusing.

I've been narrowing down how to get OS X to be running fully on my Acer Aspire AX3200.

I can get the MoBo proper using New ICHX.

I have my ethernet down with NVethernet.

I'm fairly certain that the sound will work with ALC883 spdid and Soundflower installed.

And it boots fine, with all of these.

But as soon as I install a graphics driver, it hangs here (/usr/sbin/ocspd[##]: starting).

I can even get NVDarwin to recognize my GeForce 8200 256mb. But for some reason, it hangs here!

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this error, and how to get past it?

• 3 months later...

The problen is with the kext driver NVDAResman. You don't want to delete this file or you can't get QE later on.

To get past this problem fallow these steps....

Boot to the command line using: -s

At the command line enter:

mount -o update / *This allows you to modify files*

cd /System/Library

rm Extensions.mkext *removes kext cache*

cd Extensions

mv NVDAResman.kext NVDAResman.back *Renames the problem kext file*

shutdown -h now

Restart your computer and boot with -f

Just remember to rename NVDAResman.back to NVDAResman.kext after you get your videocard setup.

The problen is with the kext driver NVDAResman. You don't want to delete this file or you can't get QE later on.

To get past this problem fallow these steps....

Boot to the command line using: -s

cd /System/Library

rm Extensions.mkext *removes kext cache*

cd Extensions

mv NVDAResman.kext NVDAResman.back *Renames the problem kext file*

shutdown -h now

Restart your computer and boot with -f

Just remember to rename NVDAResman.back to NVDAResman.kext after you get your videocard setup.

Hey! This worked great on my system! Now I'm able to boot on Mac OS and use it.

Unfortunately it's now running at 1024x768.. How can I setup the video card (nvidia GeForce 7600 GS) so that I use higher definitions?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

What do you mean by saying

" Boot to the command line using: -s

If i boot with -s , i cant write anything and while the pc is loading all the things then he stucks at the same string as before. So what can i do?

i have gefore 7400 go 256mb

which kind of driver i have to select in the customize window when i install ideneb 10.5.7?

YAYYYYYY! Wolfiger finally i succeded wity your guide!!!!

Now just a thing what did you mean by saying, how can i get the setup file of my video card?

YAYYYYYY! Wolfiger finally i succeded wity your guide!!!!

Now just a thing what did you mean by saying.....Just remember to rename NVDAResman.back to NVDAResman.kext after you get your videocard setup.???

How can i get the setup file of my video card?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi !

I have the same problem, i did the mount -o update / stuff, renaming NVDAResman.ktext into .back.

It dit good, i have the desktop screen, but with 1024x768 resolution...

I'm wondering what to do next with the .back file.... or if there is anything to do to install my Geforce 6800GS drivers ?

I'm running under Leopard 10.5.6.

AMD 3700+

Asus A8V-E SE

Nvidia GeForce 6800 GS

Thx.