Aero feautre.. *New problem

X-Ray Mac

13 posts in this topic

haha I know I have it and I love it

but...

my school believes in running EVERYTHING through windows and even my computer classes doing things strictly through vista and office 2007..

I figured I might as well get it and I did, but I want to know which way is best for me.

I figured I might as well get it and I did, but I want to know which way is best for me.

If you're going to be using Windows and Office 2007 a lot, I would recommend installing it via Boot Camp.

Further, there is support for Windows XP Service Pack 2 Boot Camp partitions, thus a user can utilise their Windows Boot Camp partition, eliminating the need for two separate Windows installations on their Mac. There is experimental Windows Vista boot camp support, though users will need to reactivate Windows Vista.[6] VMware included a snapshot capability for saving and restoring machine states. Virtual machines created with VMware Fusion can be freely used with any other VMware products, and vice-versa and compatibility with other VMware virtual appliances.[1]

Source

Yeah, I'd install via Boot Camp and then you can run Windows natively, or emulated through OS X.

Well I ran it though Boot Camp...

still no Aero feature and my right click wouldn't work with my trackpad.

I'm just sticking to Fusion I think.

Also..

When I had Vista installed on VMware, I had no sound.. XP had no problem though.

I had the same issue, so i decided seeing that I could not have AERO, I would run win2000 prof which is very fast and my needed app(CorelDRAW) in VMWare

But now I've discovered VectorDesigner so i'd be spending less time in VMWare! :D

Sound issue the same but works on Win2000

SticMAN

If you absolutely must have Vista, you could use VLite(like nlite) to strip out all the unneeded {censored}, so then you won't need to have 4-20GB hard drive space free for a virtual machine's OS install.