Intel Wireless 2100, 2200bg, 2915bg, 3945abg, 4965agn

jalavoui

3,411 posts in this topic

Hi, I'd like to help with this effort, I know how to load the KEXTS, but is there a way to uninstall them too? I've been reinstalling the OS from scratch (reformating HD) 4 times now to ensure there were no overlaping KEXTS and such

Dell Inspirion D610 with the IPC 10.5.6 DVD 2200 KEXT sees the wifi, but doesn't see any of my networks and doesnt connect when I enter manually. When I open Network in Sys Prefs, Sys Prefs crashes. The OS is solid though, no KP.

I'd like to try these latest Google Code drivers to see if it works and trying to understand how to properly uninstall/install them

Thnaks!!

Use Pacifist to open the installer, to find out what the name of the kext files are for that package. Then go to /System/Library/Extensions to actually delete them.

Jul 14 00:51:52 Cassios-Aspire-5920 sudo[459]:   cassio : TTY=ttys000; PWD=/Users/cassio/Desktop; USER=root; COMMAND=/sbin/kextload iwi3945.kext
Jul 14 00:51:53 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: iwi3945: Starting
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: Someone called createOutputQueue()
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: settCurController [OK]
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: IOPCCard info:   iwl3945: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG/BG Network Connection driver for Linux, 1.2.23d
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: IOPCCard info:   iwl3945: Copyright(c) 2003-2007 Intel Corporation
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: ieee80211_alloc_hw [OK]
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: PCI device enabled [OK]
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: IOPCCard info:   iwl3945: Detected Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: init_waitqueue_head stubbed out!
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: IOPCCard debug:  wmaster1: Selected rate control algorithm 'iwl-3945-rs'
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: PCI device enabled [OK]
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: __ IN iwl3945_alive_start __
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: IOPCCard info:   iwl3945: Tunable channels: 13 802.11bg, 23 802.11a channels
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: error iwl3945: Microcode SW error detected.  Restarting 0x82000008.
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: error iwl3945: Error Reply type 0x00000000 cmd UNKNOWN (0x53) seq 0xF000 ser 0x00000053
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: error iwl3945: Error sending REPLY_BT_CONFIG: time out after 500ms.
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: __ OUT iwl3945_alive_start __
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: IOPCCard debug:  HW CONFIG: channel=1 freq=2412 phymode=3
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: no netif_running
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: Someone called createOutputQueue()
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: power state (1)
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: darwin_iwi3945::configureInterface()
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: darwin_iwi3945: Ethernet address 00:1c:bf:c6:6d:b9
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: error iwl3945: Can't stop Rx DMA.
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: __ IN iwl3945_alive_start __
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: Sending RXON
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: * without RXON_FILTER_ASSOC_MSK
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: * channel = 1
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: * bssid = 00:00:00:00:00:00
Jul 14 00:51:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: __ OUT iwl3945_alive_start __
Jul 14 00:52:10 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: connect
Jul 14 00:52:13 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: Trying to turn card off... don't work use kextunload
Jul 14 00:52:18 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: request scan - reboot and check system.log
Jul 14 00:52:30: --- last message repeated 1 time ---
Jul 14 00:52:30 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: disconnect
Jul 14 00:52:52 Cassios-Aspire-5920 sudo[521]:   cassio : TTY=ttys000; PWD=/Users/cassio/Desktop; USER=root; COMMAND=./networkSelector
Jul 14 00:52:53 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: connect
Jul 14 00:52:55 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: Trying to turn card off... don't work use kextunload
Jul 14 00:53:00 Cassios-Aspire-5920 kernel[0]: request scan - reboot and check system.log
Jul 14 00:55:18 localhost kernel[0]: npvhash=4095

then system hangs to power off screen.

Mac OS X 10.5.7

Intel 3945abg

• 3 weeks later...
Use Pacifist to open the installer, to find out what the name of the kext files are for that package. Then go to /System/Library/Extensions to actually delete them.

Hi,

On the iwidarwin there is specific instructions on uninstalling namely http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/wiki/FAQ look for question on how do I uninstall driver?

Previously there was a uninstall app specifically to remove the 3945 driver but now can't seem to find it. :(

Great here goes another couple of decent Posts because of some Overzealous Mods with this Guy (Project C.)

While I respect each Boards right to govern themselves however they see fit. (e.g. HAVING READ THE RULES!)

But I have to ask, whats with all this ~animosity~ towards Project C., and why cant you just MOVE these "offending" Posts to a ~new Thread~ that's dedicated to that end instead of just nuking every and all offending posts that spring up?

I think I can safely say that what most People come here and check this Thread out ~daily~ is to find out that if (or when), our Wi-Fi Cards (Intel Wireless 2100, 2200bg, 2915bg, 3945abg, 4965agn), will ever work on Hackentosh!

Given the ~Grayness~ of such an endeavor (your certainly breaking the EULA in any case!), I for One could care less who does what as the ends will always justify the means!

The end being a working Driver for the above!

Am I not right in thinking this?

Or is this really a P!ssing contest between these Two Developers?

Really I think it's time for a review of the Moderation Practices of this Site.

P.s. I can't say I'm sure about this, but IIRC I seem to recall the problem beeing that the Pro. C Guy want's to sell his Driver. Ok like that's gonna happen on the Internet. (See the BT Images of OSX-86 for reference).

But, assuming for lets say 20 Seconds, that ~THIS~ was the problem. What are we all 8Yo or something? If this Guy thinks he can scrape a few Bucks off his work I say good on him, and let the Buyer beware!

Great here goes another couple of decent Posts because of some Overzealous Mods with this Guy (Project C.)

While I respect each Boards right to govern themselves however they see fit. (e.g. HAVING READ THE RULES!)

But I have to ask, whats with all this ~animosity~ towards Project C., and why cant you just MOVE these "offending" Posts to a ~new Thread~ that's dedicated to that end instead of just nuking every and all offending posts that spring up?

I think I can safely say that what most People come here and check this Thread out ~daily~ is to find out that if (or when), our Wi-Fi Cards (Intel Wireless 2100, 2200bg, 2915bg, 3945abg, 4965agn), will ever work on Hackentosh!

Given the ~Grayness~ of such an endeavor (your certainly breaking the EULA in any case!), I for One could care less who does what as the ends will always justify the means!

The end being a working Driver for the above!

Am I not right in thinking this?

Really I think it's time for a review of the Moderation Practices of this Site.

P.s. I can't say I'm sure about this, but IIRC I seem to recall the problem beeing that the Pro. C Guy want's to sell his Driver. Ok like that's gonna happen on the Internet. (See the BT Images of OSX-86 for reference).

But, assuming for lets say 20 Seconds, that ~THIS~ was the problem. What are we all 8Yo or something? If this Guy thinks he can scrape a few Bucks off his work I say good on him, and let the Buyer beware!

I think you're right, this is not a competition, everything benefits the community so lets all just try and get along. Also, no I do not think the developers disagree with one another, mercurysquad was just trying to fulfill a need by picking up a previously dead project.

With that said, lets all just drop the drama, and forget the commotion. Either driver would fulfill our needs, so lets just wait patiently.

ffs, stop imagining things up!

There is no conflict, any apparent 'pissing contest' is the invention of the community here. Jalavoui is not only well aware of project:camphor, he has in fact offered me many tips to help. Note the link to project:camphor on the first post of this thread.

The only reason mods are deleting posts related to project:camphor is because it leads to more confusion when 2 projects are being discussed in the same thread.

Simple fact is that jalavoui has the skills but doesn't have the time. Can we at least appreciate what he has already done? I didn't have the skills when I started, but made up for it by spending a lot of time on the project.

And that is the reason money is involved. I am tired of explaining this over and over, but let me put it down AGAIN:

1. The amount of time needed was very large. No other developer has been able to spend that much time "as a hobby" and we'd never get the drivers if everyone relied on this happening.

2. The number of people who want the driver is so large that no one has to spend any significant amount (or any amount at all since it will be freely available).

There is no buying/selling business here. Just mutual benefit to both parties. If you think this is bull, by all means go write your own driver. I am seriously getting pissed off now.

Also, no I do not think the developers disagree with one another, mercurysquad was just trying to fulfill a need by picking up a previously dead project.

With that said, lets all just drop the drama, and forget the commotion. Either driver would fulfill our needs, so lets just wait patiently.

You are right. In fact the two are cooperating behind the scene. Jalavoui's project is not dead but ongoing from day 1. Been following this thread since I joined and discovered the thrill of installing mac os x on my Compaq instead of vista.

mercurysquad - it´s absolutely understandable that you are pissed by such ignorant comments. there are many guys like me waiting patiently in the background for a working driver and following the development instead of asking dumb questions and posting unnecassary comments. if money is involved - it´s involved..............everybody has to take his own decision to support a project like this or not. I´m pretty sure that you will be overwhelmed by positive feedback and gratitude of many users as soon the drivers are available.

please ignore that "bad energy" and keep on both your amazing work :unsure:

I'm not sure if I stroked anyone the wrong way here. If I had I do apologize for it.

My ~criticism~ lies only with the moderation of this thread and not with any Developer.

Although a working Intel 3945ABG Driver would go down well, it's not like I could do anything w/o some Radeon Mobility Drivers as well.

That said if this "Thread" is ~strictly~ for the IWIDarwin Branch then, ok.

But, why couldn't the Staff hve just started a new thread for Project C., and just dump the incorrect "Posts" there?

I share the similar idea that this is an "Intel Wireless 2100, 2200BG, 2915BG, 3945ABG, 4965AGN" Thread, and fail to see any subtlety between these "Two" Forks, as long as One of them eventually leads us to a working Driver.

Myself I could care less which version wraps up first, and the "P!ssing Contest", maybe a misguided perception granted, but do you really expect someone to trawl though 170+ Pages to see otherwise, when the most relevant stuff is on Page 168 onwards? As an outsider looking in I'd say that was exactly what it was, because that's the perception the Mod Staff were giving me, by posting threats of temp bans for anyone who'd dare mention Project C. by name. How else is One supposed to view this then?

I've witnessed this Thread now on several occasions getting needlessly pruned back to Page 168, because someone dared to utter a URL to another Project, that by all regards seems to be in a more advanced state then the other.

Now I'm sorry but, that could have, and for the good of the community at large, that should have been handed better. Otherwise to someone outside looking in this smacks of Censorship.

In closing, with this thread at now over 170+ Pages (Again), perhaps it is time to close it and start up a revised

Intel Wireless 2100, 2200BG, 2915BG, 3945ABG, 4965AGN that is either strictly IWIDarwin and Project C., and make such Threads as clear as posible so that there is to be no confusion. Or trust that the Readership here is smart enough to know that there are Two Branches in Progress. I mean your average Windows Luser wouldn't bother with a Site like this, and I suspect that most People here could handle it well enough.

I mean that seems to be the case in this Thread, as long as the Mod Staff would just leave it well enough alone, that is.

That's all I ever meant to say

Hi im new to the whole hackintosh scene, and during my quest of what hardware i had i found out i had the unfortunate pleasure of having an intel wireless 4965AGN . Then i found this thread, and I hope im not attacked for this question. But what are the chances of success of getting this driver, and is the development still ongoing? Finally if id like to contribute in any possible way what would be possible? Sorry for these questions but 170 pages is a bit much to read trough. Greetings

Basically same post as above, I will be leaving my specs and e-mail me or IM me on AIM if you'd like to use my box as a resource, I reformat about every couple of days lol :S either way here are my specs

Dell XPS M1530

Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 (Wolfdale)

Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT

4g RAM

64g Samsung SSD

Intel Wireless 4965AGN

(Motherboard specs say it is a sigmatel 9205) I think it's actually a 9228 but I have yet to check

and the Standard Marvell Youkon Ethernet that comes with the M1530

AIM: OverXtone

E-mail: overxtone@gmail.com

I would love to help in solving this issue, then maybe we can work on Shutdown/Restart for the XPS ;)

Peace

Ya, similar to the "Intel Wireless 2100, 2200bg, 2915bg, 3945abg, 4965agn, IWIDarwin drivers for mac os x 10.4 and 10.5 *under development*" topic there should be a "Intel Wireless 2100, 2200bg, 2915bg, 3945abg, 4965agn, VooDooWireless drivers for mac os x 10.4 and 10.5 *under development*" topic. If you don't want us talking about Project C. Make a new topic! Otherwise let us be.

I have laptop with iwi3945, Asus A8Jn, now installing iDeneb 1.5 10.5.7. I will try to help you with drivers, when it finished, logs will be here!

P.S sorry for english, leran it long time ago...

Post here your logs! You can make it like this:

1. open Terminal

% sudo -s

% cd ~/Desktop

% dmesg > dmesg.txt

% cat /var/log/system.log > system.txt

% ioreg -w 0 > ioreg.txt

Now you have 3 log files; dmesg.txt, system.txt and ioreg.txt you can find them on the desktop! Paste them here!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting a KP at random intervals with the system just sitting idle, on a TC1100 with 10.5.7, 2GB with a 2200BG

Sorry, I didn't catch the version # but I downloaded from the site yesterday from the available links.

..and forgot to snap a picture before I rebooted. d'oh!

At least unlike the 2100B, which KP's during installation or boot if I install it manually.

dmesg.txt

ioreg.txt

system.txt

I am on a Dell XPS m1530 as well, and can not get the wireless Intel 4965agn card to work. When I install the drivers, I can use to network selector to turn on the card, and see the wireless networks around me, but I can not connect. Also the wireless icon does not show up, and Mac OSX does not recognize the card.

I am running iAtkos and Leopard. I will do anything I can to help, and I am really interested (as all of you obviously) in a working driver!

dont know if this is new, found it on another forum, it seems that the 3945 now works on open routers.

Quote: Originally Posted by tarixjab viewpost.gif Hi,

Anyone has driver for Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG or can make Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG works on OSX86 Leopard? Please help

Thanks I've managed to make mine working, but there's always a BUT.

Card is recognized and is making search for wireless networks available and shows them, BUT these drivers only conect to networks WITHOUT security. This means that only free wireless's will work.

How to install:

Go to http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/

and download

PROSet/Wireless 3945a/b/g OS X 10.5 SVN latest

now, on your MAC, do the following:

Install the .pkg and when it tells you to press restart DON'T DO IT right away. Wait a minute because Leopard will recognize the card and ask you to go to network preferences. When that happens, press APPLY in network preferences.

Now you can reboot.

DON'T TRY TO OPEN THE UTILITY TO WORK WITH THE WIRELESS CARD YET.

After reboot, go to disk manager and make a permissions repair action. After that, reboot again.

Now you can go to Applications folder and start the NetworkSelector app.

Enjoy your wireless device.