What would I need to change in my rig to get Leopard working

NightSonic19

36 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

If this isn't for gaming or for anything super fancy, an nVidia 7300GT is a good card and works right out of the box. If you want something with a little more juice, go for a either an 8600GT/GTS or 8800GT/GTS. I've used both and they work fine after driver updates. If you like ATI, I'd go with a Radeon 3850 or 3870.

If this isn't for gaming or for anything super fancy, an nVidia 7300GT is a good card and works right out of the box. If you want something with a little more juice, go for a either an 8600GT/GTS or 8800GT/GTS. I've used both and they work fine after driver updates. If you like ATI, I'd go with a Radeon 3850 or 3870.

Is the 8600GT Fully supported?

I tried booting off it, but as soon as I pressed a key to boot off of it I got this:

2ilhs07.jpg

Is that from booting from the DVD to start the install? Or booting into OSX after the install has completed?

If it's from booting from the disc to do the initial install you may be selecting the wrong thing to boot with. It should be simple push of the enter key. Or it may be that your disc is bad or you had a bad download.

If this is a boot after OSX has completed it's install it may be because you have chosen the wrong options during install.

I've gotten that error with every OSX86 disc I've tried whether it be Tiger or Leopard.

I've been told it's because of my DVD burner, it's IDE and because of the MKtext it won't work.

And yes it's from booting to install and I press the enter key.

It could very well be from your burner. Though mine is also IDE and works fine. But I have had strange issues from other burners i've owned.

According to the your M/B specs you should be able to boot from your IDE drive. You might want to burn+verify the kalyway dvd again and then boot.

If you want to try the flat install method you can try that as well, question is do you already have a mac or a working hackintosh.

archer75: I just want to confirm it by today so I can order anything if needbe.

superjunaid: Nope, no working hackintosh or Mac. This is the system I have and want to get working. I think I'm gonna order a new vid card and DVD burner. I've been told multiple times that my DVD burner won't let me boot. I've tried multiple times with it and I've burned Kalyway about 5 times and still no luck. :(

archer75: I just want to confirm it by today so I can order anything if needbe.

superjunaid: Nope, no working hackintosh or Mac. This is the system I have and want to get working. I think I'm gonna order a new vid card and DVD burner. I've been told multiple times that my DVD burner won't let me boot. I've tried multiple times with it and I've burned Kalyway about 5 times and still no luck. :(

I would start by ordering just the burner and go from there. If it works and you get it installed you can get a new video card if need be. If it doesn't work then that video card may be wasted. Unless you just need a new one anyways.

I would start by ordering just the burner and go from there. If it works and you get it installed you can get a new video card if need be. If it doesn't work then that video card may be wasted. Unless you just need a new one anyways.

Well supposedly anything under X1000 series in radeon is not supported. :\

As for the converter, my DVD drive is dying regardless.