What would I need to change in my rig to get Leopard working

NightSonic19

36 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

You need a SATA DVD drive plugged into Port 1 of the Intel SATA connector or an external USB DVD Drive to install. an IDE drive plugs into JMicron on Asus P5B and cannot be used for Installing OSX86. However IDE DVD Drive will work after install by installing JmicronATA.kext

• 2 weeks later...
Is that from booting from the DVD to start the install? Or booting into OSX after the install has completed?

If it's from booting from the disc to do the initial install you may be selecting the wrong thing to boot with. It should be simple push of the enter key. Or it may be that your disc is bad or you had a bad download.

If this is a boot after OSX has completed it's install it may be because you have chosen the wrong options during install.

i had the same problem. either having freeze up with mbr chosen or that error message with guid. (after installtion)

any help is greatly appreciated! my thread.

i got it! mac osx booted successfully.

note: installed without vanilla, chose mbr. after installation, booted and got stuck at the mac screen. turn off and on, and booted with -v -x command. (-v didnt work). now i'm done with inputting my details, running it now. but with no sound.

Doubt it's the vid card, I've installed many times with an unsupported vid card without problems, in fact I've never had a card that was supported OTB. I realize your using an SATA dvd drive but have you tried disabling the IDE controller in the BIOS as well. Also, what SATA port are you using for the DVD drive.

• 6 months later...