MSI Will Begin to Implement EFI

REVENGE

10 posts in this topic

In short: "MSI will start to phase EFI into its next generation motherboard platform, and will allow much easier accessibility of motherboard BIOS systems. The ability to use a GUI and mouse can only encourage users to attempt to unlock the full potential of today's modern motherboards. Even at this early beta stage we have seen excellent OC potential using current generation of MSI motherboard." - Richard Stewart, UK Marketing Manager of MSI

TheINQUIRER

The impending appearance of EFI implementations in the designs from 3rd party, 1st tier mainstream motherboard manufacturers is a significant reason why MacEFIx86 should continue to be developed.

Discuss.

Probably not significant enough...

Alright, well first of all, it turns out to be old news since I just saw that article on the P35. :D

Second of all, yeah, I thought it was too offtopic. This is why the new site design is so necessary: because the current FPN is too limited.

Alright, well first of all, it turns out to be old news since I just saw that article on the P35. :)

Second of all, yeah, I thought it was too offtopic. This is why the new site design is so necessary: because the current FPN is too limited.

It's ok REVENGE, we still love you!

Probably not significant enough...

I'm thinking that Apple's probably going to make sure that it's OS can't boot on EFI enabled boards...

But for our sake, go OSX86!

prolly will have some type of safeguard, but we have excellent hackers around here... nothing is foolprooff

lol, why is everyone excited? they havent said if they will enable efi booting (which is the only thing useful to us). Motherboards based on EFI have been around for over a year already (Intel motherboard > 945 series all have EFI). The only thing different here is that a third party vendor is putting EFI onto its motherboards

lol, why is everyone excited? they havent said if they will enable efi booting (which is the only thing useful to us). Motherboards based on EFI have been around for over a year already (Intel motherboard > 945 series all have EFI). The only thing different here is that a third party vendor is putting EFI onto its motherboards

I agree, if they don't enable EFI booting is useless and remember guys Apple use a custom made EFI for their machines, which mean is totally incompatible with these intel EFI motherboards.

• 3 weeks later...