ICH8 Patch with ACPI: System State [S0 S3 S4 S5]

Joshua Williams

12 posts in this topic

Well it seems to be a serious topic but most people have ich5 to ich7 chipset so they are out of these problems but those of us with ICH8 chipset types, like my systems which has an ICH8D0 chipset i can't get past the ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] message that comes on my screen. for alomst 2 years now since i got the machine i have missed all the excitment that almost everybody has come up with. when they manage to install their own.

Now that leopard has come i have TOH, Kalyway, iATKOS and even a lot of the 10.4.x versions of DVD's of xXX, Uphuck and everybody but none could boot on my system even after applying some of the patches in this forum.

Please we have tried all the patches we can see, some that came with the Asus motherbord but to no avail.Please my machine is an HP DC7700 systems with and intel 965 graphic, with an ICH8D0 chipset please get us a good patch that can fix all the various ICH8 chipsets around so we can get pass the ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] prompt that has beguiled us. Please kalyway and brazilmac and uphuck please help us some of us are not the bright but please a little help.

Now i need people with such problems to come and plead here to or provide a good full patch for all ICH8 chipsets not for some like ICH8R or ICH8 this and that a full patch please.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
Well it seems to be a serious topic but most people have ich5 to ich7 chipset so they are out of these problems but those of us with ICH8 chipset types, like my systems which has an ICH8D0 chipset i can't get past the ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] message that comes on my screen. for alomst 2 years now since i got the machine i have missed all the excitment that almost everybody has come up with. when they manage to install their own.

Now that leopard has come i have TOH, Kalyway, iATKOS and even a lot of the 10.4.x versions of DVD's of xXX, Uphuck and everybody but none could boot on my system even after applying some of the patches in this forum.

Please we have tried all the patches we can see, some that came with the Asus motherbord but to no avail.Please my machine is an HP DC7700 systems with and intel 965 graphic, with an ICH8D0 chipset please get us a good patch that can fix all the various ICH8 chipsets around so we can get pass the ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] prompt that has beguiled us. Please kalyway and brazilmac and uphuck please help us some of us are not the bright but please a little help.

Now i need people with such problems to come and plead here to or provide a good full patch for all ICH8 chipsets not for some like ICH8R or ICH8 this and that a full patch please.

Thank you.

Brother,

I feel your pain, I have the exact same machine that I specifically purchased for installing 10.4.10 or 10.5.x -- and I have the same exact issue as you, even after installing the latest bios, and attempting different builds, uphuck, kalyway, jas etc... If I could find one that worked on this machine I would be forever grateful. I just tried Kalyway 10.5.1, and I had heard of lots of success stories, but I still can't get past the ACPI screen, I noticed that in Kalyway's post on this forum, he has an ACPI kext, but I don't think you can do anything with that until post-install, which I can't get the installation to even begin just like you so that is no good.

Kalyway, uphuck and other experts, do you guys have any ideas? :censored2:

we love you long time.

Thanks,

Senor Y.

• 4 weeks later...

In the same boat as you guys and have had no luck in getting Kalyway to work on my DC7700, I currently have 10.5.2 running on my DC 7600, works great except for the networking, I used the PCI work around for that.

Would be nice to use the DC7700 for hackintosh, dual core 2.4 and more memory.

Anyone have any ideas ..??

I have noticed this problem and have included a fix in my upcoming release. The fix ends up being an older legacy version of AppleAPIC and AppleACPIPlatform. I saw no drawback to including them on my DVD as it still boots fine in my modern computers that have full support. If you are unable to get them working, just give me a few more days to get some more testing done before I can release Leo4All.

• 3 weeks later...
I have noticed this problem and have included a fix in my upcoming release. The fix ends up being an older legacy version of AppleAPIC and AppleACPIPlatform. I saw no drawback to including them on my DVD as it still boots fine in my modern computers that have full support. If you are unable to get them working, just give me a few more days to get some more testing done before I can release Leo4All.

Eddie, i got ur Leo4All, n tried it and it did not work, I then patched it with PPFv1 and tried it with cpus=1 and it booted till it got to waiting for boot device, same with patching with PPFv2, What i don't understand is what is really the issue here,for me i think it might have to do with AppleACPI kext, becos with this system it is purely SATA harddrive connections, there is no IDE ports on it.I have tried using external USB DVD drives to no avail.This is purely and Intel ICH8 system no foreign chipset both northbridge and southbridge are intel ICH8 chipsets device id 2820

I tried even restore a leopard installation on a USB drive to install from it, it also gets to the same place, wht can you guys do about such a problem. can it be fixed eddie my systems is a wonderful system which can nicely run MAC OS X now that 10.5.3 beta is out there.

Eddie i trust u can do it for us am seeing you all around the forum helping us can u do some thing for us please.We just want the system to boot the DVD, so we can also install

• 4 weeks later...

The new release of Kaylway 10.5.2 version 2 installed on my DC7700 with no problems. I used the vanilla kernal. I am using the Gefore 8500GT 512, for audio I used the Azalia patch

• 1 month later...

Same for me on the HP dc7700. Kalyway 10.5.2 installed fine with the vanilla kernel and the Azalia patch (it's a Realtek ALC262 audio codec). Make sure you uncheck the USB fix patch (PCGen) as this is unnecessary and actually causes some problems.

The Azalia package I used is here.

I am not using the onboard video but have used both a 7900 GT 512MB (with the ROM patch at NVinject) and an 8800 GTX. Both with NVinject 0.2.1 work perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

So, you mean to tell that dc7700 now can be used as a Hackintosh machine? Which Kalyway 10.5.2 v 2 are talking about? I own the same machine myself and has been unfortunate on installing Leopard. I am downloading now Kalyway 10.5.2 Intel/AMD version. I hope this is the correct version that you are talking about. I have a hackintosh running on Pentium D machine, but i want to run Vanilla Kernel that's why i bought this dc7700.

Reply would be very much appreciated!

Coelacanth

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Well tht is a good things to do my dear, but i live down here in Ghana accra 2 be prciese and i havedownloaded all the version of ISO's of Mac OSX versions that are avaliable but i can still not get any to boot up and install the OS, i would try to get the PCIe VGA card to install, then i would try to see how it works..

regards

The key in running OSX in HP dc7700 is to install a PCIe graphic card into the machine in place of the built-in Intel Graphics. As simple as that. Believe me. It works only as such.