Kalyway dual boot Vista Qs

Mac & Pc

9 posts in this topic

I was reading about Kalyway and it said if you wanted to dual boot you would need to install a bootloader like grub but in the Kalyway instillation you can add the check mark next to bootloader EFI,

So if I was going to dual boot would I still need to install the EFI bootloader or could I just use Grub or do I need to install EFI bootloader for it to work

sorry little confused

I have the same question. I cant seem to boot into either Vista or OSX after trying a dual boot. After installing OSX with the EFI guid option I cant boot windows. The only way I can boot into OSX is to have the OSX dvd in the drive. Could someone please write a step by step or point us to a link.

Thanks a lot.

BTW. I have a E1705 Dell notebook.

I had Vista installed on my first partition and then installed Kalyway 10.5.1 on my second using the MBR option since that's the only one that will work with Vista.

But the install did something to my MBR so I had to repair my Vista install by first setting the Vista partition to active and then do a repair with the Vista DVD. After that I just set the Leopard partiton back to active and use the Darwin boot menu to select either OS X or Vista.

Works great.

Don't select either guid or mbr.

I actually installed tiger first and have a seperate partition for leopard.

It seems to work pretty well.

Hmmm, I guess I will try it out on my other laptop with xp and acronis boot manager.

Powersupply, Thanks, I was able to get it to work that same way you described with Vista. I picked the MBR option. Why this works but the guid option does not, i have no clue. After OSX install and reboot, the vista partition was not bootable. I had to use the vista disk to do a repair then boot into vista and activate acronis boot manager again and now everything works.

Thanks

An Update, not choosing either the MBR or teh guid option resulted in the OSX not being recognized or bootable :) so that does not work at least in my case. I guess I will try using MBR again and get it t work. NOTE: this is on my other computer an HP nx7010 with XP and acronis.

• 4 weeks later...

It works also for me (samsung Q45)

1rst hidden partition = hidden partition for recovery

2nd partition: Vista

3rd partition Leo Kaly

After install Kaly, Vista appears in os x bootloader but don't start.

1) Boot with Paragon HD manager boot disk, modify partition os x as inactive, and set vista partition active.

2) reboot with Vista disk to repair Vista boot

3) Wait Vista start OK than reboot with Paragon HD Mger again to set Vista partition inactive and partion OS x active. That's all !

4) Reboot , you can boot in Vista or in Leo with OS X boot loader.

Thanks to all posters.

:(

• 2 months later...