Interview with Popular Mechanics magazine?

cfarivar

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

My name is Cyrus Farivar (cyrusfarivar.com) and I'm a reporter with Popular Mechanics magazine and am doing a story on the X86/Hackintosh project. I'd like to interview someone who is either undertaking or has completed such a machine and wouldn't mind being interviewed for my story.

If you're available, please email me ASAP: cfarivar [at] cfarivar [dot] org.

Thanks!

This is all very suspicious to me, and I have my doubts about how authentic or legit this is.

However, the name Cyrus Farivar is indeed legit when it comes to the technological world. I've read Cyrus's posts at Engadget before. Also, the resume found here indicates that Cyrus Farivar does indeed have ties with Popular Mechanics. The press has covered OSX86 before so that's not surprising either (in fact, the January 2008 PCWorld mentioned "Hackers...running Leopard on PCs..."). It still makes no sense to me as to why Popular Mechanics would be interested in OSX86.

Cyrus, you should contact an OSX86 'Dev' rather than some random person who installed OSX86 on their PC. I've sent a well known 'developer' your email and information.

Would this really be a good thing for OSx86?

Apart from the greedy reason of not wanting to see another massive influx of noobs, (just like after Leopard OSx86 DVDs were released), but to have that kind of national attention in such a high profile magazine. At what point does Apple start to take steps against PC based OS X? Who knows.

(It's not necessarily about combating their changes either.)