iLife for a PC

32 posts in this topic

Safari for windows looks like {censored}. I used it for one day then went to firefox. On vista that is. On OS X, I love Safari.

imho, all of Apple's apps look like {censored} on Windows, especially on Vista. They're completely out of place with the Aero interface and don't even have drop shadows.

interfacesrp9.png

iLife isnt that good, its just convenient and free. I think it would do very poorly on Windows since people would have to buy it, people dont want to buy apps like that, and if they did then theyd get something a hell of a lot better than iLife. The iLife upgrades arent exactly the hottest selling things out there for mac users either, most people are perfectly happy with the one they got for free. Really, the only application that might be worthwhile on Windows is Garage Band since theres not a whole lot of similair solutions like that available.

Theres really not very much demand for software like this. People make due with what they have despite how crappy it is, you get that kind of software for free with everything you buy these days.

Whatever, that's just your opinion. I happen to like iLife, and there is nothing like it for windows users. iDvd, for example, what cheap application can do what it does? With professional looking results?

Anyway, this whole topic is moot, because iLife is never going to be ported to windows.

• 3 weeks later...

Apple should do what they did the iPod, associate software with the hardware. For example, make a touchscreen camera with a lot of storage space, make the folder where the pictures are saved hidden, and bundle iPhoto for Windows with it, which you can use to sync the photos between the camera and the computer. It wouldn't be ideal at all but it sounds exactly like something Apple would do.