Ubuntu

Alessandro17

36 posts in this topic

Comprehend the entire message. It seems lately that everyone on the boards are eating Violent Retard Flakes. People need to stop eating that brand of cereal here.

So we're bashing just a percentage of the user base? It doesn't make things right. Why don't we go and bash the Jews while we're at it? Or black people?

It's called rising above the situation, but those who eat Violent Retard Flakes just can't seem to understand that.

Please get a life. You are not a moderator of this forum for a reason. I have even blocked your posts so I can't see your mushy gushy I want to be in control of everything by being morally correct, but I have no power to do so than to be a wining bitching tattle-tale. On countless occasions you have tried to censor what people say because you do not like what you see.

There is a back button on your browser, a url bar, and a close button on your browser. Go somewhere else...

Keep on macKIN'

Cody

P.S. I hope I did not hurt your feelings by personally attacking you.

Oh yeah, I will be expecting this to be reported, by you, to a moderator. I appreciate the gesture...

And A17, come on back man, even though we have had our differences, you have always provide good and reliable information for the linux community on these mac forums. Plus, it is always fun to know you have a person to debate with, even the stupids things sometimes, but still fun...

Alessandro17 please stay. If you have any issues then take it up with me. There aren't that many people I actually enjoy havering a conversation with here and you're one of them.

I'm not asking as a staff but as a friend (cz you're on my friends list).

If you need to talk something out then PM me.

Asked by you it is really difficult to ignore. You are for me a symbol of my great experience of living in a Muslim area, extremely decent, warm and dignified people. I miss it so much where I live now, where such qualities are rare...

I don't know...

Thanks, Alessandro! Greatly Consider the come back part!!!!!

So get rid of that bar, please...

And A17, come on back man, even though we have had our differences, you have always provide good and reliable information for the linux community on these mac forums. Plus, it is always fun to know you have a person to debate with, even the stupids things sometimes, but still fun...

Sdracer, "our differences" have always been on the friendly side :)

@Nonny Moose. You keep ignoring the essential. Which part of "laugh", "fun" ad "joke" is unclear to you?

• Like 1

A17, glad you are staying. This forum needs intelligent people like you to help out other people.

And to everyone else who is getting pissed off, get over it. That was one person's opinion. For that author, maybe that is true, but I do have to believe there are some people who use that forum are intelligent. If you don't like what Alessandro posted, then don't read this thread.

Comprehend the entire message. It seems lately that everyone on the boards are eating Violent Retard Flakes. People need to stop eating that brand of cereal here.

So we're bashing just a percentage of the user base? It doesn't make things right. Why don't we go and bash the Jews while we're at it? Or black people?

It's called rising above the situation, but those who eat Violent Retard Flakes just can't seem to understand that.

you do understand that there are many jokes that DO bash blacks, and jews, and women, and pretty much every minority and majority that we encounter?

Ever seen borat?

Mac users are so frikin {censored}.....

Mac users are so frikin {censored}.....

I don't think its Mac specific and it's a large percentage of posters in all forums. (Not just insanelymac)

I'm constantly amazed how personal people can take posts from complete strangers in forums or think they really know anything about the other person from a few posts in a forum.

If you don't like what someone says, ignore it.

Alessandro17: It's not a one off insult that I have a problem with. It's the fact that you keep coming up with this {censored}, as though you're fighting a one man war against not only Ubuntu, which I couldn't care less about, but the people who use it. Whether or not they're your words, it's you who chose to endorse them (And no, I'm not claiming that just by quoting something, you're endorsing it - it's the fact that you find it amusing I see as an endorsement.) I don't think of myself as an "ignorant, stupid, troll" just because I use an OS that works on my hardware, connects to wireless networks easily, isn't supplied on 43 quadrillon DVDs and has a nice looking GUI. Do you?

I don't have a problem with you at all, in fact I've found your posts in the vast majority of other threads considerate, helpful and well though out, and I absolutely don't want you to leave over something stupid like this. Just lay off Ubuntu users, OK?

socal swimmer, no more of that.

I'm clearly not a Jew either but we do have members here who are. And I don't think they'd be too pleased to see such comments. So please don't post them. I'm asking politely. Others may not...

Alessandro17, I'm extremely happy to see you back. Even though you were away for a short period it's clear you were missed. Any issues in the future, all you (this applies to all) need to do is PM me (but don't flood me people).

EDIT: Sorry Mebster, I confused you with Hagar!!
:) You've just made enemies with the wrong guy. You're going down buddy. :P

I haven't really read into this topic but it's clear the joke is a little over for some reason or another and now has turned into a mini flame war. Alessandro17 if you don't mind I'm going to close it. If you wish it reopened then just PM me and I will in 2 days once everyone has had time to drink some Horlicks.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Mebster, you were such a nice person, why did you go? Now that I have been an administrator for years, I could have used your help.

About this topic. It is very old, and yet I can never forget it. It almost stopped me from becoming a local moderator, then a global mod and eventually an administrator. If I have been a good one, I'll leave that to you.

Why I still believe that I hadn't done anything wrong here? In order to answer that, you have to know the British culture very well, and this site is owned by Brits.

In Britain you can joke about everything, including the Royal Family.  Spitting Image anybody? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spitting_Image#Royal_Family

It might not be so in other countries, but the fact remains that this is an English owned site.

I found this: http://www.harzing.com/ukculture.htm and I found it very pleasant to read.

Now I am unhappy because people here (Italians) are just the exact opposite: loud, nosy, unreliable, you name it.

Google for "In Britain you can joke about everything" and you'll find plenty of interesting stuff.

• Like 4

I'm going to briefly "abuse" my power as global mod to give a personal shout-out to Alessandro17. Please pardon me this one time. :P It's not a laugh, but, oh well.

Alessandro, as for me, I think you have been a very good administrator, at least all the time I've been here. When I first joined InsanelyMac almost 3 years ago, I remember being very impressed by the way you handled certain topics with troublemakers. I can't remember any off the top of my head, but I saw a couple of them. And I also loved your avatar. :D

Then I remember the first time you had to confront me on something. For those who don't know, I had created two different topics of my Snow Leopard guide, one in the Genius Bar and one in the SL forums. So Alessandro had to shut one of them down and direct everyone over to my other thread. But I panicked, I thought for sure I would be severely punished or something. So I PM'ed Alessandro, and he firmly and kindly helped me to understand. I can never forget that.

After that, Alessandro PM'ed me more than once commending what I've done here, even remembering my birthday a couple years ago. It meant so much to me. :)

Of course, I can't forget the good moments I've had on staff, too. From when I became a FAQ team member to a global mod, I've had plenty of memories to cherish with all the staff.

So I have to say: thank you, Alessandro, for all the good work you do here. You are both a wonderful administrator and a good friend. :)

• Like 5