Any motherboard with fully working onboard sound?

PhantOS

9 posts in this topic

Like topic title, I've never seen anyone mentioning a fully working solution:

- line and mic input

- 5.1 analog output (all three output jacks working and recognized by the OS as surround capable)

- digital i/o if present

preferably under 10.5, but I'm curious about Tiger too.

I've read many many threads and it seems the most compatible hardware should be ALC883 and ALC889A.

I don't have any of these audio controller (i'm looking for a new mobo probably with alc883) so i can't tell you wich one is working better.

ALC883 is the audio controller in many recent Asus maiboards and ALC889a is the audio controller in many recent Gigabyte mainboards.

For both of them i've read different results; some write they get it 100% working, other people have all the lines in the audio control panel but only few are working, other are only getting 2ch out.

The 10.5.1 hardware compatibility list of the wiki has few details about audio controller. Most of the time you ca read " Audio works out of the box", " Audio needs patching", "Audio not fully tested", "Audio doesn't work"... but most of the times you can't really know what's working (when it works); only 2ch out? The Mic also? 5.1 too? Digital output?

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.5.1

P35 ds3p rev1. has alc889a with kaly and an audio patch it works with all ports out, but macosx does not support 5.1 (yet) and it has digital out. jsut look up a mobo with the same audiochitset and ur good to go.

Hi, during the installation of Kalyway release, what did u check on "customized installation": I mean, what kind of kexts did u installed for audio and for lan to get them fully working!!!!

Did u install a patch for audio and lan after the installation of leopard or everything worked well after the installation process?

thanks for your help

Like topic title, I've never seen anyone mentioning a fully working solution:

- line and mic input

- 5.1 analog output (all three output jacks working and recognized by the OS as surround capable)

- digital i/o if present

preferably under 10.5, but I'm curious about Tiger too.

Me too!!! I need a motherboard for leopard that supports all three analog output jacks cause I need it for my 5.1 system!! I didn't find any confirmed results of full 5.1 sorround capable support on leopard!! Please, help us!!!