Lack of consensus on quality Leopard Compatible Motherboard

12 posts in this topic

I am looking to purchase another motherboard to run Leopard on after having had a DOA Gigabyte P35 DS3P. It seems that although most people are raving about Bad Axe2, DS3R,DS3P,DS4, Abit IP35-Pro, and Asus P5K-E variants, that all of these boards have quite a few issues in that either sleep, reboot, audio, lan etc do not work!!!!

What is the considered best quality Full ATX size board for running Leopard that is stable, able to run Q6600 Quad, 4GB ram, no reboot or restart/shutdown issues, audio and lan working?

Looking forward to replies. I already have the following kit waiting:

Q6600 Quad 2.4GHZ

Antec P182 case

Corsair 620watt PSU

Asus Silent 7300GT 256MB

Hi, perhaps I should have rephrased and not used the word consensus as there are obviously different camps favouring some boards over others. I have read the merits of each board and really am looking to be given a reason to favour one over the other.

Reference getting a real Mac, I used to own a Mac Pro but could not justify keeping it for the work that I used to do hence wanting to build another Hackintosh.

I have always had good experiences with Asus boards and will probably get the P5K-E or the Abit IP35-Pro.

Only bad things about the Bad Axe 2 are: No 45nm processor support (no support for Penryn processors) and the motherboard is overpriced ($220 on Newegg, Retail) but I guess if you don't need the latest and greatest, the Bad Axe 2 is a great choice.

I am looking to purchase another motherboard to run Leopard on after having had a DOA Gigabyte P35 DS3P. It seems that although most people are raving about Bad Axe2, DS3R,DS3P,DS4, Abit IP35-Pro, and Asus P5K-E variants, that all of these boards have quite a few issues in that either sleep, reboot, audio, lan etc do not work!!!!

There are no issues with the Bad Axe 2, except maybe for sound. Patching it will take less than 2 minutes with my mini how to:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=60295&hl=0

~pcwiz, stop spreading fud ;) The Bad Axe 2 is now $199.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813121059

(But you could find it for even less)

And what good is the latest and greatest if it doesn't work properly with your hackintosh project?

Here is a vote for the GA P35-DS3P!

great board, for overclocking, 45nm, and cheapness.

I don't know why the other poster had a problem. Bad luck, I guess, as most who use this do great.

ps i wrote a full install guide for it....