Before you begin "There is no keyboard connected to your computer"

JuanDiego

36 posts in this topic

I did have same thing (win 7 and Lion dual boot in same HD), however, I had Snow Leopard installed using Vmware but I installed Lion using USB thumb so only changed there. However, I did change those two lines booting into single user mode. Did you do like I said to remove those two lines from that Info.plist? The file must be there otherwise there is something wrong as Info.plist defines it's properties. Are you using PS/2 or USB keyboard? I am assuming it's a laptop integrated keyboard. I am not sure about AppleUSBOHCI.kext but looks like it has got to do something with USB but not sure.

As i said before, the info.plist file is completely empty. There is nothing in it.

• 3 weeks later...

This method is not as good as the ones mentioned above but this worked for me: 1. Boot into Lion installation media (in my case a [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] drive), 2. Open Terminal, 3. Type "cd /Volumes/(Insert drive name)/var/db", 4. Type "touch .AppleSetupDone", 5. Type "resetpassword" 6. Select your drive at the top and change root password in dialog, 7. Reboot, 8. Log on as "root" 9. Create new user account from System Preferences.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Well I can say that while using JaS OS 10.4.8 I got a similar problem where it got fixed the VoodooPS2. But it was in the old days.

Currently I was facing same issue in iATKOS L2. But I got it working with ApplePS2 stock with L2 itself. The most simple solution will be using an USB Keyboard to login & use the PS2 kext from install media itself.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, Same issue:

Photo-0020.jpg

There is various solutions here, but I am a noob to this.

What actually works?

could we have a step by step guide?

Im guessing first few steps:

1> Boot from installation media.

2> Instead of clicking continue setup, choose system > Terminal

3> type something in terminal......

I have no idea what it would be, or what files i need.

Im guessing this step by step simplified guide for the no keyboard issue, could stop any future posts?

Many Thanks for anyone who still has any patience left and is able to do this. Im sure your all fed up of hearing this over and over.

for those unsure, this is how to get to terminal with your installation media:

Photo-0021-1.jpg

all we need now is confirmation what to do from here

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To fix this problem:

1. Go to terminal and type:

cd /Volumes/Your Partition/var/db

touch .AppleSetupDone

resetpassword

2. Then, insert a new password for root user.

3. Reboot to the installed OS-X and login as root.

1. Copy Patched AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext to your installation drive.

2. Go to terminal and type:

cp AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext /Volumes/Your Partition/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

cp ApplePS2Controller.kext /Volumes/Your Partition/System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

3. Reboot to the installed OS-X and do the setup.

• 1 year later...

Hello to all!

I have made the experience, that it is enough, after having done the install media, to copy the proper kexts for keyboard and touchpad to S/L/E of it and repair the permissons on install media with for example KextWizzard. Then you have during the install working keyboard and touchpad. During the install the before mentioned kexts are automaticly installed to your new installation. At prompt of bootloader you ever have to set flag -f during installtion. No external keyboard or mouse are needed on the most laptops. I have done it like this everytime. For me this solution has ever worked.

Have fun!

• 1 month later...

There were some Voodoo PS/2 kexts I found for my laptop's keyboard and trackpad.  All I had to do was copy those kexts into place!  Sometimes post-installation, I have to plug in a USB mouse and USB keyboard so I can take this kind of action.  Runs like a champ!  The Command key is usually between Windows/Left-Alt.

@level70steve

All you have to do to get a working keyboard at first loggin at you new installation is to store your ps2.kexts in a folder of the root of your install device.

For example the name of this folder is kexts an your install hd partiton is named ML.

After installation on harddrive has finished, reboot from your usb install device, fire up terminal and type in this command:

cp -r /kexts/*.kext /volumes/ML/system/library/extensions/

(You can place in the before mentioned kext folder also fakesmc.kext, and if needed nullcpupowermanagement.kext, to copy this kexts also over to your hd install)

Then you can close terminal and repair with diskutility permissions of ML and you are done. No need of usb keyboard or mouse anymore. Then you can reboot and finish your installation as normally.

Have fun.

• 7 months later...

I don't know if I am alone using this simple approach, but I didn't use any patches. I simply pressed spacebar twice to install from USB and thats all. The Connect Bluetooth Keyboard popup appears on every OS update (sometimes even blocking the login area), but it can be moved and when OS is done updating there are no problems (e.g OS update from 10.9.2 to 10.9.3).

• 8 months later...