ASUS P5LP-LE (HP a6120n) Installation Guide - Sleep works!

time ed

99 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
I FINALLY got my onboard Intel 82562v NIC working!!

Here's what to do:

1. cd to System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/

2. Edit Info.plist and add this to string below IOPCIMatch: 0x27dc8086

3. cd back to System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/

4. move or rename AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext

5. remove Extensions.mkext from System/Library/

6. rebuild kext cache (kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/)

7. repair permissions, yada, yada...reboot

Note: please read these threads to understand which types of 82562v NIC's will work with this fix:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=661506

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=664505

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=14840

Enjoy!

Hey Time Ed. I don't understand Step 6. I can't find kext cache anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi time ed,

I've got a very similar machine as you and I recently swapped motherboards so that I'm using the Leonite version and upgraded my pentium D to a C2D E6600 chip. With this upgrade it's basically the exact same thing except I have a Nvidia 7300GS card installed and I'm not using the onboard NIC.

My install is based on the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD and I upgraded to 10.5.3 via the Kalyway update and to 10.5.4 via regular apple software update. I'm using NVInject installed via NVinstaller v.52 to get my Nvidia card working with QE and CI. I haven't really explored EFI strings because I couldn't get the card working properly when I tried before. Note that I'm using your ALC888 codec via Taruga's patcher for audio and it works great. I'm currently using the vanilla 9.4.0 kernel that was installed via Apple's update.

Everything is working fine on my system except for Shut Down and Sleep. I'm OK with the problems related to sleep but I would like to get Shut Down back up and running if at all possible. Right now it works intermittently - maybe about 50% of the time -- but when it doesn't work I hear the HDs spin down but the computer still says on.

This seems to be a pretty big problem related to 10.5.4 but since we have basically the same hardware I thought I'd see if you were able to solve it before I start the process. Could it be related to Nvinject or the version of AppleSMBIOS that I'm using (currently Macdotnub V3 -- Mac Pro)?

Thanks.

I think its a combination of things, but I can't put my finger on any specific thing to look at.

At first, shut down and sleep worked perfectly. I began having problems with shutdown after 10.5.2 update. Using strings didn't matter.

When I got the onboard NIC working, everything started working perfectly again. Up to 10.5.4 now, and have only occasional trouble with USB.

Even with the NIC BIOS-disabled, the machine still sees it.

No injector kexts.

I have legacy support disabled, but the machine will occasionally KP when attaching a thumb drive or camera.

• 2 weeks later...

hi there, i got to make the patched dvd and when trying to boot from it i get an acpi error, is there a file in the image i should overwrite for compatibility with the power settings? tiger works (somewhat) and i have the bios set to ahci ... im not great in terminal ( a windows kid, basically) so im not sure what step i should take now. ive tried the various flags at startup so i am officially stumped.

any help would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

@Mickey:

Boot with -f flag, this helped at last me, to use the newest AppleACPIplatform.kext.

I've a strang problem with my onboard nic. Its running only booting without -f Flag, if I place the kext outside the IONetoworking.kext. And sometimes, it is suddenly not recognized and I have to reboot. Also standby doesn't work quit as excepted, because after waking up, I've a cracking sound in the speaker, about every minute. Any advice?

I've a strang problem with my onboard nic. Its running only booting without -f Flag, if I place the kext outside the IONetoworking.kext. And sometimes, it is suddenly not recognized and I have to reboot. Also standby doesn't work quit as excepted, because after waking up, I've a cracking sound in the speaker, about every minute. Any advice?

I had the same problems. There have been some changes in the last few releases (I'm up to 10.5.5) that don't seem to agree with my mobo architecture. I've abandoned the onboard NIC for a PCI 3Com NIC. Strings are not working as expected either. It seems like sometimes they are ignored at boot time.

The sound problem has to do with timing. Using a different version of Taruga's patcher solved the problem for me.

I had the same problems. There have been some changes in the last few releases (I'm up to 10.5.5) that don't seem to agree with my mobo architecture. I've abandoned the onboard NIC for a PCI 3Com NIC. Strings are not working as expected either. It seems like sometimes they are ignored at boot time.

The sound problem has to do with timing. Using a different version of Taruga's patcher solved the problem for me.

Wich Version did you use? :) Or could you send me you AppleHDA.kext?

I had a fresh install of Retail 10.5.0 running for a for about a month now. Yesterday I did the 10.5.5 combo update following the netkas way, now OSX wont finish loading.

I tried the following

-v

-v -f

-v -f -x

I dont see any error It just gets stuck.

I can boot to single mode but not GUI :)

Any suggestion. Anybody running 10.5.5?

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Currently, running 10.6.1 with IOATAFamily / AppleIntelPIIXATA fix. Wasn't able to boot without it. See this thread for more info.

Things that I'm working on at the moment are GMA950 (should be working shortly) and sound. Next will be to load dsdt.aml for CMOS reset fix. Keep you guys posted on the progress.