ASUS P5LP-LE (HP a6120n) Installation Guide - Sleep works!

time ed

99 posts in this topic

Hey time ed...thanks for the excellent write up.

Everything on my system is working except sleep. I have the same motherboard as you (Leonite) and nothing extra installed. When I try to wake up my system it just bring up the boot message of GMA950 (Intel copyrights, etc...). Any idea(s)?

BTW, shouldn't I see EFI beside GMA950 under system properties after using efi-gfx strings with pc_efi_v80? I used your plist. Nothing changed except vanilla IONetworkingFamily.kext is being used.

Just realized Time Machine is no longer working. I think I need to go back to non-vanilla IONetworkingFamily. kext.

Kalyway 10.5.1, Vanilla, MBR, PC_EFI_v80

Thanks for your help!

I am using Nvidia 7600GT for graphics and have 3Com NIC in PCI slot 1. The .plist I posted is for that hardware.

If you are using GMA950 and some other NIC, .plist/strings will not work for you. You will have to modify .plist for your hardware, re-encode, and replace hex in com.apple.Boot.plist.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi I used your method to install iKatos on my a6244n wich uses the same motherboard and it works great. Is there any way i can get the onboard NIC to work and if not is there a way i can get my pci network card to work?

P.S. also is there a way i can also get the on-board sound to work its the same as urs and i new at this so dont give me anyhting too complicated my head mite explode.

Because onboard NIC is same Intel Pro/1000, no (that I'm aware of). What is make/model of your PCI NIC?

Fixing audio is Step 18 of the Installation Guide (1st post). Grab my codec (linked at the bottom of the guide below screen shots) and Taruga's patcher (linked in 'Required Files' section) and follow the instructions....

You're out of luck with the Linksys card as well. You need a card with supported eth controller: NetGear GA311, 3Com 905x, Dynex card with either Marvel Yukon or Realtek controller, Intel card with either 8254x or 8255x controller, Broadcom 5700 series.

Posts here:

http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,14...59.html#msg1459

and here:

http://nvinject.free.fr/forums/viewtopic.php?t=236

says 8x series cards with 512mb will work with latest nvinject and info.plist mod.

So go here:

http://nvinject.free.fr/downloads.php

download the latest and follow the instructions for mods and installation.

You will need plist editor from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?39xeet39mwg

ok i got my graphics card working but how do i do the audio i downloaded apllehdapather 1.2 and i got your patch and i saved it as a .txt file and just dragged it over to the hda and it says "detected unsupportes Realtek Codec"

Wow. OK, just to be clear, did you use this codec:

(archive) http://psykopat.free.fr/apple/AppleHDA/realtek/ALC888-D.txt

or this one:

(mine) http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=19054

Just tested both. Both codecs work fine for me with Taruga v1.17. The only reason I think the patcher might complain that one or the other is unsupported is because something might be added to the file while saving.

When downloading, you must save them as they are (click the link; choose "Save To Disk"). If you're saving in Windows, do the same. Move them to the Mac as plain text rather than RTF if Windows defaults to RTF. Another way to save in Windows is to click the link, then open with Notepad, then save.

Once you have them as plain text, unzip Taruga's patcher and drag the file on to the frog head icon. At that point the patcher will execute.

HP support site says you have the same ALC888S chip on your board, but there could be some differences between yours and mine (who knows). If my codec doesn't work, try the archive codec. If the archive codec doesn't work, you might have to extract your codec with a live CD...

I FINALLY got my onboard Intel 82562v NIC working!!

Here's what to do:

1. cd to System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/

2. Edit Info.plist and add this to string below IOPCIMatch: 0x27dc8086

3. cd back to System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/

4. move or rename AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext

5. remove Extensions.mkext from System/Library/

6. rebuild kext cache (kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/)

7. repair permissions, yada, yada...reboot

Note: please read these threads to understand which types of 82562v NIC's will work with this fix:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=661506

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=664505

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=14840

Enjoy!

I FINALLY got my onboard Intel 82562v NIC working!!

Here's what to do:

1. cd to System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/

2. Add this to IOPCIMatch: 0x27dc8086

3. cd back to System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/

4. move or rename AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext

5. remove Extensions.mkext from System/Library/

6. rebuild kext cache (kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/)

7. repair permissions, yada, yada...reboot

Viola!! Enjoy!

Time ed

is IOPCIMatch: a file? I cant find this anywhere under System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/

Time ed

is IOPCIMatch: a file? I cant find this anywhere under System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/

Sorry. Step 2 should be:

Sorry. Step 2 should be:

Thanks Ed. I opened it with TextEdit and I added the string but now its saying I dont have appropriate access priviledge to save it???

To work with system files you must su to root and edit with either vi or nano, e.g.:

sudo -s

[password]

-or-

sudo vi [filename]

[password]

Or copy to your desktop, edit with plain text editor and copy back.

Please post your exact system specs, hardware and OS.

To work with system files you must su to root and edit with either vi or nano, e.g.:

sudo -s

[password]

-or-

sudo vi [filename]

[password]

Or copy to your desktop, edit with plain text editor and copy back.

Please post your exact system specs, hardware and OS.

Thanks

OK I did all the steps and its not working for me.

Just have the regular A6120N with Sapphire x800XL, but x800 is not working still waiting for kext. so I'm just using the Intel GMA950. Kalyway 10.5.1 upgraded to 10.5.2.

OK, open System Profiler, select Extensions, and see if AppleIntel8255x is in the list. If not, the driver did not load.

Also, open Console and look in the system.log for errors related to the kext or the device after your last reboot.

Is the onboard ethernet enabled or disabled in the BIOS?

Do you have patched or vanilla kernel? pc_efi v8.0? Time Machine fix installed?

OK, open System Profiler, select Extensions, and see if AppleIntel8255x is in the list. If not, the driver did not load.

Also, open Console and look in the system.log for errors related to the kext or the device after your last reboot.

Is the onboard ethernet enabled or disabled in the BIOS?

Do you have patched or vanilla kernel? pc_efi v8.0? Time Machine fix installed?

Vanila kernel. I beleive its pc_efi v8.0 how do I check? Time Machine, I didn't do a patch, im not using it, yet.

Extensions is showing AppleIntel8255x twice.

location are:

system/library/extensions

system/library/extensions/ionetworkingfamily.kext/contents/plugins

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8255x.kext" was installed improperly and cannon be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.

I get this after i edited the Info.plist and also where do i put that 0x27dc8086 i have like 20 other things below IOPCIMatch

i just put it on the end of list and i get that error after ire-boot

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8255x.kext" was installed improperly and cannon be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.

I get this after i edited the Info.plist and also where do i put that 0x27dc8086 i have like 20 other things below IOPCIMatch

i just put it on the end of list and i get that error after ire-boot

look for the line that says

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string> this is where you add it. You will see a bunch of other 0xsomething... something</string>

i still get thar error after i re-start

Just double check make sure you removed the string at the end of the list and only have it on the line make sure you do the repair permission.

Worst comes to worst put your old ionetworkingfamily.kext, repair the permission and start fresh.

PS.

I'm still having problems myself.