New model Apple Keyboard

8 posts in this topic

I am going to get a new iMac. The question I have is that does apple's newer model keyboards suck? I mean do the keyes behave like they do on a regular keyboard, or do they requrie more pressure to push? Has anyone found it a nusance that the mireless version is lacking a num pad? because if id does suck, then I can order a referbished previous generation model fro apple too. Thanks in advance

I infact quite like the new keyboard. Though tends to get dirty very fast and can be a plain to clean. The feel is like that of a laptop keyboard. No idea about the wireless version.

I'll second that. I have the aluminum wired keyboard, it is actually a fantastic keyboard. The keys are spaced perfectly, and it only requires a very light touch to type. The only complaint (if you could even call it that) is that the USB ports are a bit awkward. Rather then being right along the sides, they are recessed under the keyboard.

It's definitely one of the best keyboards I've used. I actually was using a previous gen iMac keyboard at another office today, and i went back to my own... the new aluminum model stands head and shoulders above the previous version which was, in it's day, pretty good. It's just right.