Block All P2P!

Numberzz

35 posts in this topic

Well, about 90% bandwidth is taken up by junk mail. Mail dones slow down the internet down alot. P2P is only takes a small part of the bandwidth. Hang on! you must be thinking 200K+ for download per person on p2p. How many use p2p and how many get junk mail, well everyone get junk mail and plus it stored on severs around the world.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it scientists at CERN that wanted to share data on a network that created the internet?

Internet is the public version of ARPAnet

Tim-Berner Lee is the "father" of WWW which is by no means internet, just a set of protocols and systems that uses internet packeting.

Mark Cuban recently wrote an open-letter that said, to all ISPs, to block all P2P traffic. "If I was a Comcast customer, I would tell them, as I am now telling all the services I am a customer of: BLOCK P2P TRAFFIC, PLEASE. As a consumer, I want my Internet experience to be as fast as possible. The last thing I want slowing my Internet service down are P2P freeloaders." Instead, he said, that people who wanted to share video over P2P, should use Google Video. As if they would allow illegal files. What is strange, is that this comes right after an analyst said that by the time 2009 comes, that all internet will be as slow as dial up because of the increasing number of websites that use flash or video services. But why would using Google Video instead of P2P decrease the amount of bandwidth being used?

dock-20071123-124306.jpg

Full Story

Fark them. Anyways, how many people actually own more legal software than illegal. If everyone would be raided, the world would have more debt than the US infinity times over. XD

Creation of the internet here: (courtesy of wiki)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet#Creation

Economics 101:

Yes, I pay for bandwidth too. The more I pay, the more I'm entitled to. We all pay for as much bandwidth as we can afford, and we can use it up to our maximum, if we want. If all of us P2P users cancelled our ISP accounts, the ISPs would have to increase rates to make up for the lack of revenue, driving up prices. Is that what Mr. Stupid wants? Last time I checked, P2P wasn't illegal.

Perhaps we should cut off electricity use, because some people use it to power lights to grow pot.

Extremely good point maniac. For all those that dont understand he is trying to say that a good thing shouldnt be removed due to abuse by a small group of people. So what if a person gets hiiiiii, I need light because I wanna :censored2: see. P2P was not made to be illegal, but thats what people judge these days.