abit ip35-e install help

tronica

26 posts in this topic

I just got a abit ip35-e motherboard and and Q6600 to go with it, i put in my 10.5 ToH version and i got greeted by

"System config file "/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found"

I tried using my 10.4.7 disc and got the same. Is there anyway around this?

I just tried using an external drive, and disableing the sata controller, that was a no go. I then made my cdrom master and hard driver slave on the same cable and still no go. Im able to press f8 and it shows the only bootable drive being a PXE ethernet. I don't know any of the boot options. Pressing ? didn't give me any info. There must be a way around this.

do you know which of the four are ICH9. Also theres no setting on the ip35-e board for the sata. just enable/disableso basicly Jmicron is for IDE? and i want to disable Jmicron. Leaving only sata? i just checked and theres no options for AHCI, or is that by default. I read that since this board doesn't have raid it doesnt have ahci.. man im lost.

Ahh, it didn't click that it was the E and not the Pro.

All 4 SATA ports are ICH9. Just make sure you have no IDE devices and set everything to SATA in the BIOS. I have a Pro here, so it is probably different, but hopefully I pointed you in the right direction.

Ok, i got the sata dvd drive, and disabled all ide drives in the bios. I'm now able to boot the cd partly. It hangs at "still waiting for root device" I've tried all the mac discs i have and they are all the same. Is there anything else i can try, or i am missing? thanks.

• 3 months later...

Success! I have the following hardware:

Abit IP35-E Motherboard

nVidia 8500GT video card

Onboard sound and network

Seagate 250gb SATA drive, Asus SATA DVDRW

Intel E2160 CPU (sometimes called a Pentium Dual, it does NOT have virtualization, and I don't think it has SSE3 either)

I'm using Kalyway 10.5.1, I installed SSE2 support. I have both cores working! I have onboard networking working. I don't have proper video drivers yet (anyone want to post a quick link? or I can just search...). Onboard sound doesn't appear to be working. I frankly don't know what onboard sound this board has, I haven't been able to find that in the manual or on the box.

I think I'm just running the vanilla kernel. If I can get sound and video to play nice, I think this will be a completely successful Hackintosh.. :thumbsup_anim:

Intel E2160 CPU (sometimes called a Pentium Dual, it does NOT have virtualization, and I don't think it has SSE3 either)

The only difference between the E2160 and Core 2 Duos is the amount of L2 cache and the virtualization thing.

Onboard sound doesn't appear to be working. I frankly don't know what onboard sound this board has, I haven't been able to find that in the manual or on the box.

Taruga's AppleHDA Patcher v1.20 and ALC888.txt will get you full sound support.

Thanks. Had actually figured out the sound by the time I got your reply. Also got my GeForce 8500GT working, pretty much. The DVI port comes up black. Have to boot up with the analog VGA port. My 20" LCD is a bit fuzzy at 1680x1050 in analog mode. I might swap the card out for something else if the drivers don't improve REAL soon.

Sleep is more like a coma.. I put the computer to sleep, it goes to sleep just fine, but it won't come back up.

I'll probably still swap this CPU out for something that has virtualization enabled. I kind of need Parallels to work.

The good news is, the system seems to be rock solid stable, and fast. I may try to update to 10.5.2 this evening. Might as well get that out of the way before I start moving in. :(

• 1 month later...

I had the same "System config file "/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found" so, i just ran install on another "older" PC (MSI K8N Neo4 - AMD) and on reboot I shut the PC down and changed back the HD to my PC, turned on and evrthing worked flawless OOB! Network, Sound, Video....evrthing...used kalyway 10.5.2.

Hey everyone... I've got an IP35-E with a Core2Duo 6600 and I'm getting the "Still waiting for root device" message. I've got a 400GB Western Digital SATA drive on port 5, just like the other Hardware Compatibility list recommended. I just flashed to the latest BIOS. Can't seem to get past that message. Oh yeah, I'm using the latest Leo4All installer... Kalyway didn't seem to work too well for me for some strange reason. Any other suggestions from IP35 owners on how they got past this message?

Hey everyone... I've got an IP35-E with a Core2Duo 6600 and I'm getting the "Still waiting for root device" message. I've got a 400GB Western Digital SATA drive on port 5, just like the other Hardware Compatibility list recommended. I just flashed to the latest BIOS. Can't seem to get past that message. Oh yeah, I'm using the latest Leo4All installer... Kalyway didn't seem to work too well for me for some strange reason. Any other suggestions from IP35 owners on how they got past this message?

Hi,

I've a IP35-E motherboard and I'm getting the same error. I've installed successfully Leo4Allv2 by using a Sata DVD and now on boot I get that same message "Still waiting for root device".

I'm out of Ideas at the moment....

Cya

Hi,

I've a IP35-E motherboard and I'm getting the same error. I've installed successfully Leo4Allv2 by using a Sata DVD and now on boot I get that same message "Still waiting for root device".

I'm out of Ideas at the moment....

Cya

I was able to get everything going using Kalyway 10.5.1. I followed Dysphoria's guide here and got everything going.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=84898

Notes - Make sure you format your HDD as MBR and then install the MBR version of EFI. I don't know if it mattered or not, but originally I was trying to go with all 400GB of my HDD for my install. This last time when it worked, I made a 200GB partition and installed on that and it worked fine. I also named my HDD MacintoshHD without the space in there. One of those things may have made the difference, but the guide was a lifesaver. PM me if you need any more info and I'll do what I can to help!

I have success installing the Kalyway 10.5.1 in my system. Then I've upgraded with Kaly's combo update to 10.5.2, the system is prety stable, the onboard sound is working with all jacks, network is working in 100 mbit, 1000mbit not tested. The shutdown appears not to be working. Sometimes it really shutdown the computer, or it just put the computer to sleep. The GForce 8500GT is working prety fast, but only in VGA out. For those who can't install, some tips:- First of all, get a SATA DVD an a SATA HDD. IDE doesn't work.- Disable in Bios the Jmicron. Disable the IDE Controller in bios. Remove every cabble from it. And forget it. Use only SATA devices.- Disable all thermal controllers from the Bios.- You can only use 2G of RAM with this MOBO, don't try to use more. With 4G, the system turns too unstable, giving you some sporadic kernel panics. With 3G the network appears to disconnect every 30 minutes of heavy ethernet use. Use 2G and be happy.- Using the Kalyway DVD you should have no problems to boot.I'm trying to install an EFI today. Hope to do a succesfull install.ABIT IP35-ECore2Duo E4500 @ 3.02Mhz2Gb Ram GForce 8500GT (QE and CI Working, only VGA)2x 160Gb Sata HDSata DVDThis guide have helped me to install.http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=84898Take a read and good luck!