Radeon 3850/3870 thread

netkas

212 posts in this topic

Hi @ all,

i've installed the 10.5.2 over iAtkos 1.0, all fine but the "white menu" issue is still here.

My card are HD3850 (made by connect3d, ven=1002, dev=9505) have 512Mb memory.

Anyone know how to fix this issue? i don't want to flash the bios (my system is dual boot xp/vista/osx for gaming purpose).

Many thanks

Hi all,

i used to have a brazilmac version installed with a 3870 and I had no white/blank menu problem.

i botched my installation installing 10.5.2.

I re-installed using kaliway and now I have the white menu problem no matter what i try.

i'll go back to brazilmac and let you know if it fixes the problem.

Hi all,

i used to have a brazilmac version installed with a 3870 and I had no white/blank menu problem.

i botched my installation installing 10.5.2.

I re-installed using kaliway and now I have the white menu problem no matter what i try.

i'll go back to brazilmac and let you know if it fixes the problem.

Thanks a lot,

i'll wait your test.

Regards

I re-installed Brazilmac, same pb.

The thing is, i won't go in the details, in the process of installing brazilmac i booted several time in kaliway. And at some point it justed worked in kaliway, i just noticed the system responded faster and it worked. That's when i screwed up again, i botched it! I did several things in between i don't know wich one fixed it and i don't even remember it all.

I'll go back to more testing...

grumpffffff....

i have a sapphire radeon 3870 and the same problem. after installing this kext-file, the loading screen went black.... as if its gona switsch the resolution ... but it don't work. the computer hangs.

other question: how can i deinstall a not working kext-file without installing osx from scratch?

thanks

I need some Help, I have HD3870 and works ok on 10.5.2 with the installers, now this new netkas have no istaller.

Can anyone help me how to install this new netkas????

Many Thanks ;)

you need the leopard graphics update + natit from netkas blog use kext helper to install the natit and use pacifist to install the graphics update if your on 10.5.1 if your on 10.5.2 just install it normal and before reboot install the natit :)

Any chance you could post the link? Im in white menu mode so not able to connect to the IRC at the moment ;)

Just and FYI: ChatZilla on Mozilla is a really good IRC client (free) that works right within Firefox. Just go to Tools -> Add-ons and search for "IRC" and ChatZilla will come up and install. Really easy, and gets you on the Hack IRC without pain or any app installs.

The links change frequently, so it probably would work for long, and then others will complain about the link not working, etc...

-Dan

you need the leopard graphics update + natit from netkas blog use kext helper to install the natit and use pacifist to install the graphics update if your on 10.5.1 if your on 10.5.2 just install it normal and before reboot install the natit :P

Hi! Thanks for the info. I run iATKOS 10.5.1 + Sapphire Radeon 3870 and i tried to do so, but when I install the graphics update with pacifist on my 10.5.1 Leopard (right click on the package and click "install on default location" + the natit with kext helper, it gives me also the black screen when I reboot.

Could you please explain it more detailed?

Thank you very much :)

My Sapphire 3850 256MB

working (after 28 hours of trial and error) on kalyway 10.5.2 Combo Update.

The trick was downloading and installing the graphic update, then rebooting in safe mode, installing this new NATIT and white menus fix and….

Voilá. Thanks to netkas!

No black screens anymore, CI, QE and rotation supported and all without Bios Flash.

Temperature seems stable @52º idle (According to CCC in XP).

Now testing....

(not bad for my first post)

The system:

Gigabyte GA-P35c-DS3R

Q6600 default

2GB RAM

Sapphire HD3850 256MB

My Sapphire 3850 256MB

working (after 28 hours of trial and error) on kalyway 10.5.2 Combo Update.

The trick was downloading and installing the graphic update, then rebooting in safe mode, installing this new NATIT and white menus fix and….

Voilá. Thanks to netkas!

No black screens anymore, CI, QE and rotation supported and all without Bios Flash.

Temperature seems stable @52º idle (According to CCC in XP).

Now testing....

(not bad for my first post)

The system:

Gigabyte GA-P35c-DS3R

Q6600 default

2GB RAM

Sapphire HD3850 256MB

I know those files except the white menu fix and Voilá things where i can find or download the file. Could you post those files please?