Leopard Perfect Install

Onetrack

1,041 posts in this topic

i would say its SATA. i did format my HDD with disk utilities ( i erased the partition...) but how do i format as HFS+?! do i have to choosse that setting?! if yes, how?

Is your HDD SATA or IDE? (Those are the name of interfaces.) When you install OS X, did you format your HDD as HFS+?

hey i think its kinda working now...it boots without a dvd and i get to see a white screen with the apple and that loading circle..but then it turned super white with blue stripes and {censored} and i got scared so i turned my laptop off and started again,...now when i get to that white loading apple screen there is a mac sign which tells me i have to restart..why is that??? maybe because my battery is low?! please help

I just tried out OSX86, and I had a perfect install (just had to swap my DVD to a SATA version).

iATKOS v2.0i

ASUS P5B DeLuxe WiFi AP

Intel q6600

6 GB Corsair XMS2

2 ATI X1300 (Only one screen works on the first card. The other card is visible in system profiler, but I can't utilize it).

Samsung Syncmaster 940BW

2 Maxtor Maxtor 6Y120M0 120 GB HD

2 Samsung 500 GB HD

RME Hammerfall 9652DSP PCI Audio Card

Universal Audio UAD-1 PCI (DSP Card)

Focusrite LiquidMix (FireWire DSP Card)

Edirol UM-2 MIDI Interface USB

I had really poor HD performance initially, but the AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext (found here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=88335 ) works perfectly!

Still hoping for dual head and dual graphics card support, but I guess it's bound to happen in the future!

I'm really happy!

You can have a look at my performance at Xbench here: http://db.xbench.com/merge.xhtml?doc1=3006...;setCookie=true

Now I'm off to making some music! =)

well its awesome that ur mac os works great, but mine doesnt, so please help me,..either my white apple screen turns into white and blue and {censored}, or it tells me i have to restart. when i do the command -s cpus=1 it says something like dsmos start... but it gets stuck...please help

I just tried out OSX86, and I had a perfect install (just had to swap my DVD to a SATA version).

Hello,

Do I “have” to use a SATA DVD in order to get this to work, or can I use the IDE DVD that I currently have?

Please let me know.

Cheers.

hi im having a problem,

at the load screen before i ever get to the install screen i type nforcekernel and all it dose is restart the computer

and if i just press enter i get the "still waiting for root device"

need help, thanks

Hello I installed 10.5.2 But in the First boot on the Welcome screen to chose a country. It keep loading and I can't press any thing( that round disk keep rolling )

SO what the problem ? I tried to search but no luck.. MY spec

Intel P4 3.0 HT / Gigabyte 945-DS3 / 1GB 800 / Nvidia 6200

I am trying to install Kalyway 10.5.2 on an HP dv6605us with AMD. I have no problem loading from the dvd into the installer. Once I get into the installer and disk utilities I can't see any of my partitions. I used Ubuntu to create a three partitions: 1 NFTS, 1 FAT32 and 1 Unformated partition. The only things that I see in the disk utility is the DVD. I notice during boot that there was a message about waiting for the root disk but that seems to resolve fairly quickly. Please help. I have looked everywhere and have no been able to find anything about dealing with my issue and have seen plenty of people with similar computers succeeding.

PLEASE SOME BODY HELP I GETING THIS MESSAGE AFTER INSTALL .

YOU NEED TO RESTART YOUR COMPUTER HOLD DOWN THE POWER BUTTON FOR SEVERAL SECONDS OR PRESS THE RESTART BUTTON.

motherboard asus p5kpro

core2duo e66002.40ghz

hdd.160gb

4gb ddr2 ram

g/card navidia 9600gt

post-196046-1216564978_thumb.jpg

Trying to get my pc setup but when I insert the BrazilMac disc and it tries to boot the language selection option but just gives me a circle with a cross through it. Is the package I downloaded bad? Or do I have to change the configuration of my system? I currently am running..

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300?

Intel Motherboard

3 GB Dual Channel PNY DDR2

ATI X1600 Graphics Card

250GB Maxtor SATA HDD

Sony IDE Dual Layer DVD Burner

Help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance.

PLEASE SOME BODY HELP I GETING THIS MESSAGE AFTER INSTALL .

YOU NEED TO RESTART YOUR COMPUTER HOLD DOWN THE POWER BUTTON FOR SEVERAL SECONDS OR PRESS THE RESTART BUTTON.

motherboard asus p5kpro

core2duo e66002.40ghz

hdd.160gb

4gb ddr2 ram

g/card navidia 9600gt

It looks like you have a hardware fault of some kind. Make sure every component is properly connected and seated. Which installer did you use, and does it boot, then give you the gray screen of death?

Hey everyone! I've been thinking of installing the iATKOS version on my Windows PC. I use my MacBook more then I use my Windows machine now and fell like doing something with it. The only thing is I've never done this before and am not sure if I need specific hardware. Here's my PC:

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E4300/1.80GHz

Motherboard - ASRock ConRoe 1333-D667/945 GC

Ram - OCZ 2GB Dual- Channel DDR2 @ 667MHz

HDD - Seagate 320GB SATA

Video Card - ATI Radeon X1650 Pro

DVD Burner - LG SATA DVD Drive

I just don't want there to be any problems and if your wondering ASRock is owned by ASUS. It's like there cheaper brand but they are great quality boards. So hopefully someone can tell me if I may have any problems with this and the iATKOS version. Thanks!

I'm running Kalyway 10.5.2 (now 10.5.3) on an Asrock MB its the 775i65G or something like this. Have a Pentium D805 and a GForce 6600GT. Everything is running fine. Was no problem with installing. Just be sure that, when u have problems with something u look in internet for other people who had the same problems. was a big help for me always. solved all problems by this.great help is to activate time machine as fast as possible. so u can copy deleted files fast. was helpful while install of combo update 10.5.3. i learned more about leopard by installing osx86 then by my macbook pro ;-) "Learning by doing"

I succeessful installed Leopard 10.5.1 into my PC and its working but it can not boot without installation DVD inside, second the DVD player cant work anymore, it quite as trying to open DVD video. How can i do to solve this.

And how to configure for Internet while am using Huawei telephone Moderm to connect to the internet on PC.

Help pls!!

My PC Specs:

-Intel P4M800 CE - 8237

- Phoenix Tech, Ltd V 6.0

- 768 DDR RAM

- 133 MHz Bus Speed

- VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP

- Creative Audio PCI

- MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3 Processor

- Lite-ON DVDRWLH - 16A1P

I’m succeessful installed and running Kalyway 10.5.2 and update to Kalyway 10.5.3 with this original update from Kalyway’s post on May 29th, 2008. This works on any Kalyway installation of 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 to update to the latest Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.4 with apple support update. so, Now i have Leopard 10.5.4 on HP pavillion DV2000 Notebook orignal model. :dev:da11.jpg

my problem ON MY SYSTEM it passway by this post below:-

1.VDO CODE problem (No front Row,DVD player) after update to Kalyway 10.5.3 and 10.5.4 wiht this post can sloved my system i point to Download it NVInstallerV41 ONLY. This also fixes the 70017 error in DVD Player.appIt not work fine with .NVInstallerV5

2.Dual boot (xp and mac) with this post easy way and very perfect post

3.I notthing to play let’s play windows XP again

ok i have it installed and it gose the the chose a country thing and at the end of that it restarts and gose back to the country thing over and over. iv gotten past it some how but i dont remember i had to type somethingin befor i load os x in darwin. and i dont remember and i need help some one plezzzzzz help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the difference between a GUID Partition Map and the MBR? :blink:
GPT (GUID Partition Table) is a partition scheme that allows up to 128 logical partitions on a physical hard disc. You can add, resize, and remove partitions while you are using the hard disc. In other words, you can boot from an operating system installed on a GPT partition and change the table. Both of Microsoft Windows Vista and Apple Mac OS X v10.5 are capable of understanding GPT partitioned hard discs.

MBR (Master Boot Record) is a partition scheme that allows up to 4 logical partitions on a physical hard disc. Such a restriction led to ugly hacks, which allow more partitions within a MBR partition with particular type. You cannot change the record without unmounting the whole MBR partitioned hard disc first. In other words, you need to boot from an operating system which is not sitting on the MBR partitioned hard disc to change the record. This is an age-old technology which Microsoft Windows XP uses. Not recommended to use this partition scheme unless it is absolutely necessary.

I am using a Kalyway Leo 10.5.1 disc to try and install, i've got it to boot it goes and a bunch of stuff scrolling down and then bam it goes to a screen with some writing and i notice this:

"panic (cpu 0 caller 0x004314FF0: unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\."lm@ /volumes/disk1s2/leo_xnu/xnu-122s/iokit/kernel/IoPlatformExpert.ccp1376"

and it'll just stay on that screen, i've already tried boot with -v, cpus=1 -v, -f options

Hi Everyone...

First time I built an osx86 machine.

My specs:

Asus P5K-VM motherboard;

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300;

OCZ 4GB DDR2-800 Kit;

MSI NX8800GT 512mb;

Western Digital VelociRaptor;

Sony NEC DVD burner (SATA);

Cooler Master 620M;

Antec P180 mini.

I installed with Kalyway 10.5.2 with the Vanilla Kernel (gives best performance).

XBench Overall Result: 217,44

For question: send me a message...

THANKS

Perfect install, except LAN which for my chipset I heard it's in "development" (who uses LAN on laptop nowadays anymore?)

Acer Aspire 5315

Intel Celeron 540M x64

Intel GMA X3100

Intel HDA (ALC268)

Broadcom 4311 Wireless

Broadcom NetLink LAN

Installed Kalyway 10.5.2 after latest Bios update. Got Sound working using the instructions found on this forum. Ran Kalyway combo update, then ran the normal updater, worked like a charm. Am no at 10.5.4 and studying Cocoa!

• 2 weeks later...

OK! i saw your video and if read your TUtorial,

but in your tutorial there are a lot of commands and things which you need to add to the installation or something, but is it POSSIBLE to do this whit out all these things? so i just pop in the Leo DVD and then install it?

Dante

Installed Kalyway 10.5.2,Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo Update, Apple 10.5.4 Delta Update. No lan, used Asus wl-167G USB dongle instead, it came with Mac drivers in the CD. Works great. Sleep don't work, I don't use it anyway. Everything else work flawlessly.

GA-P45-DS3R

Intel Q6600 OC 3.14G, 4G ram. 2 IDE and 1 SATA hard drive, USB IDE drive to install Leapard.

MSI 8600 GTS 256Meg