Kernel 8.11.1

Konami®

28 posts in this topic

Same problem here.. I havent PC EFI installed, so I ran 10.4.11 update with mach_kernel.hacked.nopcefi found on #10.4.11 IRC channel, on a intel p4 530j i915g pc. This kernel panics at boot, so i still use mach_kernel 8.10.1 with 10.4.11 system.kext.... Anyway all is ok, even deep sleep (S3).

Maybe this kernel only works on CoreDuo procs ?

one answered me on irc #10.4.11 that i've to delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to get this kernel to boot. I'll try, but I wonder what this kext is made for.... I guess it could act as an EFI CPU throttler, but in fact I don't know, really.

No luck removing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, kernel panics again with errors related to acpi cpu this time..

By the way, when I managed to boot again with 8.10.1 kernel without cpupowermanagement kext, I noticed my proc fan ran continuously at medium speed :D

Any help to pentium 4 owners?

Upgraded from 10.4.10 to 10.4.11 with nopcefi kernel.

Now I get kernel panic at boot about AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. I deleted it and

keep getting kernel panic at boot, something like that:

ACPI CA 20060421

AppleAcpiCPU: ProcAPICid=1 .....

AppleAcpiCPU: ProcAPICid=2 .....

panic (cpu 0 caller 0x001A49CB): Unresolved kernel trap (CPU 0, Type 14=page fault)

I have Pentium D 930 on Intel 945G, worked fine in 10.4.10 with binhacked kernel+dsmos. What can I do?

I hope somebody will make a binhacked kernel for 10.4.11.

Please help!

Upgraded from 10.4.10 to 10.4.11 with nopcefi kernel.

Now I get kernel panic at boot about AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. I deleted it and

keep getting kernel panic at boot, something like that:

ACPI CA 20060421

panic (cpu 0 caller 0x001A49CB): Unresolved kernel trap (CPU 0, Type 14=page fault)

I have Pentium D 930 on Intel 945G, worked fine in 10.4.10 with binhacked kernel+dsmos. What can I do?

I hope somebody will make a binhacked kernel for 10.4.11.

Please help!

I have the same problem with my pentium 4.

I'm in the very same boat. Tried both efi and non-efi 8.11.1 kernels and the machine hangs with the same message:

ACPI CA 20060421

Tried swapping several versions of core kexts, no dice.

Be patient guys! ;) Everybody now is focusing on Leo.

We will need to wait for the 10.4.11 source code from Apple to get an universal kernel.

I hope it happen soon :( so we can have a complete update to 10.4.11 ;) I will not going to upgrade to Leopard until a complete and mature leopard DVD is released :)

well i updated to .11... the system stopped booting :P hehe using netkas' EFI 5.2, oh well, wonder why it doesn't work on C2D and Intel board with ICH7-R ...

We have to wait for the source code of 8.11.1 so our gurus and developers can make a hacked kernel that really works for us :) the one in the irc is useless

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...