Logic only shows meter for 1 core?

Maulwurfi

9 posts in this topic

I wonder why Logic Pro 8 (original bought copy, doesn't proabably matter anyway) shows now only action on one core in the CPU meter.

But according to for example Geekbench both cores are understood and used.

EDIT: Nevermind, it shows up all right now as dual meters, I don't know if I was blind or it fixed by itself. ... :-P

Yeah i think its a bug with the cpu meters in logic i noticed occasionally one of the cores are weaker than the other. Also when you play the notes on the keyboard it only shows one core being used even though theres two being used in the activity monitor. Also go into your preferences and switch off the system overload message.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah i think its a bug with the cpu meters in logic i noticed occasionally one of the cores are weaker than the other. Also when you play the notes on the keyboard it only shows one core being used even though theres two being used in the activity monitor. Also go into your preferences and switch off the system overload message.

OMG THANK YOU!!! I was wondering about this

Yes I have got that bug too! on my p4 3.ghz HT (not dual core!) you have notice that is a common problem of this type of cpu?

How did you get a bug that shows only 1 core instead of 2 when you only have 1 to begin with?

Unless that was a joke or i'm missing something?

• 2 months later...