Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5788 Gigabit NIC

16 posts in this topic

Hello.

I've already read that many ppl are having problems with this card and similar cards from Broadcom.

What I'd like to know is if there is any Aditional .Kext file or Third Party Driver that can be added to make such a card work under osx86

Thanks

Yuri1312

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
bump

I have a Broadcom 5788 NetXtreme Gigabit in my acer ferrari 3200 and its woking good, no problem...

you have to edit the broadcom kext file and add the hardware id in it then use a hex editor and edit 1 other places that I forgot where, I have to try to find my note on how to do it...

I have a Broadcom 5788 NetXtreme Gigabit in my acer ferrari 3200 and its woking good, no problem...

you have to edit the broadcom kext file and add the hardware id in it then use a hex editor and edit 1 other places that I forgot where, I have to try to find my note on how to do it...

Bump, how exactly did you do it?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Peelers,

I have the same laptop, so I have the same card but can't get it to work.

I found a procedure in this topic but this didn't seem to work.

Can you give my a step by step guide of what I have to do to get it to work ??

I'm running 10.4.5 (10.4.4 with 10.4.5 upgrade).

Thanks.

Make that two of us, I tried the 10.4.1 release some time back with obvious issues networking my Broadcom 5788, but if you really have it working well, please please PLEASE let us know how! And by the way, is this the 10.4.3 8f1111 release or the new 10.4.5 install? Please any help here is GREATLY appreciated, this is my last hurdle to ditching windows for good!

• 3 weeks later...