Demonoid TRACKER also down already?

fagosu

11 posts in this topic

A quick Google shows the ToH torrent on TPB, Mininova...as for whether it's the exact same dvd with the same hash, I can't say. But I'd expect so.

Yes it is, I already tried with no success. Anybody have an alternative download source? Rapidshare perhaps? I wanted to try it this weekend.

Ah, I just found myself that the Mininova one is using Demonoid as its tracker (should've figured that before.) Which means that's a no-go =(. TPB has only ~7 seeders and a helluvalotta leechers, so that indeed doesn't look like a good idea; either.

Again - what can the CRIA do? If it goes to court, Demonoid will win.

Yeah, sure Demonoid will win in terms of it keeping the site online but Canada is not going to allow the Demonoid servers to be stationed in Canada and the Demonoid can't change the countries' rules so their only option is to buy the servers themselves instead of renting and move the server.

Yeah, sure Demonoid will win in terms of it keeping the site online but Canada is not going to allow the Demonoid servers to be stationed in Canada and the Demonoid can't change the countries' rules so their only option is to buy the servers themselves instead of renting and move the server.

What rules?

AFAIK there's no laws against trackers that allow access to any type of media content in Canada.

Just like it's legal in Canada to make backups of software, even if you don't have the original copy "anymore" ;)

The CRIA is just a non-profit organization, not part of the government. They can't do sh*t but *attempt* to sue.

The CRIA is just a non-profit organization, not part of the government. They can't do sh*t but *attempt* to sue.

And all Demonoid ned do is take it to court with all their money.. oh {censored} that's right.. lawyers & lawsuits cost a load of money.. so even if you're totally right, you can't always get justice.. oh well..