Mouse Glitching/Tearing

Flawless Oddity

50 posts in this topic

I got Leopard to install without a problem, but I have noticed that every once in awhile, and around text my mouse glitches. Sometimes it just glitches the pointer on the screen and another one shows up with the first one just staying in one spot (if that makes any sense).

Has any one else noticed this or is it just an issue with my setup?

-Larry

***EDIT***

zoomie mentioned that he just replaced his GMA950 kext from Leopard with one from Tiger, I can confirm it fixed my problem with having multiple cursor glitches(also known as tearing) on web pages and around text.

Just replace Leopards AppleIntelGMA950.kext with a one from Tiger and authenticate, repair permissions and reboot.

**EDIT 2** seems this will disable qe/ci so it doesnt really fix the problem fully.

Getting the same thing on my e1405 as well. only pops up though when the mouse moves over a text box or it hangs just long enough over text to switch to the text select icon. Gonna do some digging as suggested by Nuifrkns.

I had the same screen artifacts problem with my Leopard install. At least on my system, it has something to do with the GMA950 driver. I've experienced this issue with both the Brazilmac and ToH Leopard installers. On a whim, I extracted and installed the gma950.pkg from the Kalyway Leopard Installer...based on an older, pre-release build of Leopard. It seems to have fixed the mouse trailing / screen artifacts from my system. I have only had it running on the older driver for about 20 minutes, but I haven't had a problem yet.

I'll update this post if I get screen artifacts again, but so far so good.

I had the same screen artifacts problem with my Leopard install. At least on my system, it has something to do with the GMA950 driver. I've experienced this issue with both the Brazilmac and ToH Leopard installers. On a whim, I extracted and installed the gma950.pkg from the Kalyway Leopard Installer...based on an older, pre-release build of Leopard. It seems to have fixed the mouse trailing / screen artifacts from my system. I have only had it running on the older driver for about 20 minutes, but I haven't had a problem yet.

I'll update this post if I get screen artifacts again, but so far so good.

Awesome zoomie, That worked wonders for me... I just copied over my AppleIntelGMA950.kext from my Tiger partition over to my Leopard Extensions folder, repaird permissions and rebooted. Now I have no more lagging/glitchy/tearing mouse.

THANKS.

Awesome zoomie, That worked wonders for me... I just copied over my AppleIntelGMA950.kext from my Tiger partition over to my Leopard Extensions folder, repaird permissions and rebooted. Now I have no more lagging/glitchy/tearing mouse.

THANKS.

Groovy! I'm glad my tip helped someone

It has come to my attention that after replacing the kext in Leopard with the one from Tiger my QE is now "not supported"...

So this didn't fix it 100% yet.

Same problem: if I install the package from Kalyway's DVD I lose QE/CI