Mouse Glitching/Tearing

Flawless Oddity

50 posts in this topic

It happens the most in the memory hungry programs like you guys have said, but on mine it also does it around TEXT in general, pretty much any text that is highlight-able.

Like if you look at your desktop, click once on the HD icon, then a second later click on the text like as if you was going to change the file name and watch what happens to your cursor. On mine it glitches and usually have two one stationary.

It happens the most in the memory hungry programs like you guys have said, but on mine it also does it around TEXT in general, pretty much any text that is highlight-able.

Like if you look at your desktop, click once on the HD icon, then a second later click on the text like as if you was going to change the file name and watch what happens to your cursor. On mine it glitches and usually have two one stationary.

same here :/

The most sensible suggestion here is to try the 10.4.8 AppleIntegratedFrameBuffer. I will try this later and report back. This problem is starting to annoy me :D

When you do the PostPatch it already replaces it with the 10.4 FrameBuffer, I believe that is the problem, we need to figure out how to get the original Leopard FrameBuffer to work I think, the problem is when Leopard is trying to use the Tiger framebuffer.

spot on. the tiger framebuffer kext won't work - i hadn't twigged that the postpatch replaces the leopard one with the tiger one until i had a mosey in the extensions dir.

oh well. looks like we'll have to wait for a proper fix/update. i'll try the mighty mouse in the mean time!

By accedent I was trying some stuff out and forgot to add back my framebuffer kext after I deleted it. Turns out my computer will still display video without it, and qe/ci work, but i still cant control screen resolution.

Its weird how the video still works without the framebuffer kext.

just tried mousepose with my gma950 on leopard. the mouse tearing is still there, maybe not as bad. certainly not completely gone. the ghost cursors disappear as soon as you move the mouse, it's better than having them stick around.

mouse locator has no effect no matter what settings

mighty mouse does not work on leopard yet.

Hi !

I'm a newbie in MacOS X. I have just installed OSX leopard on my PC, and like everybody, my mouse pointer was tearing. Neverveless, I have a fix about that (only if you aren't a gamer, nor too exigent about performance)

Before to continue, i have an ATI card : the X300.

The Radeon9700 driver, that is normally attached to it, gave poor result : no QE/CI.

So, i simply removed this driver. Now, I imagine that it's a generic extension which is used, but it works fine for me ! No more mouse tearing.

I hope that it would help someone.

guillaume.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE(bhattsan @ Nov 8 2007, 03:21 PM)

Can someone PM me their GMA950 kext that comes with leopard? I idiotically forgot to backup mine

there u go

How does a person install the items within the attached ZIP file?

EDIT:

UPDATE: Never mind, I figured it out (replace and repair permissions, remove mkexts folder). But it didn't change anything.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi buddies I have good news about this.

I was suffering the same issue on my hack with GMA950 video onboard.

After reinstalling appleintegratedbuffer and gma950.kext from original leopard DVD, everythings works fine since about 20minutes

elkotur

ECS 945GCT-M2

C2Duo E4500

2GB RAM kingston

HD Maxtor 300GB 16MgBuffer

DVD Pioneer SATA

Case Vitsuba 8024 black

After reinstalling appleintegratedbuffer and gma950.kext from original leopard DVD, everythings works fine since about 20minutes

Could you post those two items? That way we all insure were using the exact same one your using.

THanks!

as somebody in this thread posted, you may have lost Qe/Ci? Anyways, Paulicat has a solution for gma950 on non-Dell systems (here). Dells seem to be doomed however. Mousepose helps a lot to get rid of most mouse tearing on my system - livable.