• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
yozh

unable to determine UUID for host error 35 ? in Leo

25 posts in this topic

Every time I try to use SUDO or do something with diskutility or change root passwd this comes up

CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

I`m on SSE2 kernel self patched on IBM ThinkPad x41.

Very strange. Any one else with this ?

Advertisement
Yep , same errors here.

Don't know what this is but I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Greetz

Axethrower

After a bit more searching. I found that TOH kext supposed to fix it I dont know if its true or not. Not home now to try.

Axethrower do you have a problem with SUDO as well ?

Hi,

I used the ToH kext but when I do diskutil list I get the error.

But not with sudo commands.

Axethrower

And sudo commands work ok ? are you able to do sudo passwd root ? and change the password ?

there is discussion about this over at the apple support forums. so, it's not a "hobbymac" problem.

as it's not really affecting performance. i've decided to wait for an official update to fix the problem.

i was wrong. it is our problem! argh.

there is a file to create UUID's I beleive the CFUUID.h.h file is stored in CoreFoundation..so if you have xcode try to have a look at it...

That file has somthing to create UUID's ...but my guess is that it is not working..like maybe it checks for the type of computer...so we may need to figure out a way to patch it...

okay well if I do ioreg -i >ioreg.txt I get a few diffrent IOREg's but on the computer that is having the problem I get none...so I am thinking we could try to create a driver (like natit...)that adds these values into the registry...

Yep , same errors here.

Don't know what this is but I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Greetz

Axethrower

same here

kuchdawg - that's kinda what I was thinking. If we can figure out a way to just feed it the uuid string it's looking for, perhaps it would stop asking every time we spawn a process...

i have this error in my logs, but it's not effecting me (no prompts, etc.). I actually have sleep working with the download from 10.5, but speedstep isn't so hot with my CPU's throttled to 1200mHz and no way to change them. Need to play around more with this, but also wanted to take care of the UUID problem... cheers - jl

Same symptoms as Axe here.

Hi,

I used the ToH kext but when I do diskutil list I get the error.

But not with sudo commands.

Axethrower

I got this error during verbose boot of the brazilmac dvd. No problems until now. Just updated itunes to 7.5, it freezes on startup. So i launched iTunes from terminal (/Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/MacOS/iTunes), and get this error. With Tiger, this command would launch iTunes with no errors.

Weird how this error pops up everywhere....

Edit: this error actually comes up when launching ANY app from terminal... dunno why iTunes is broken.

THANKZ ,this saved my ass with super duper

i couldn;t erase the destination disk as i had this error

now everything works ;)

i'm about to boot now with the new SATA2 disk 320GB B)

1 hour to copy all the disk (70GB) to the new empty one

would any body upload that fix to another media? damed rapidshare close for me.... or maybe who can send me that fix on email shaverdoff@mail.ru?

thanks a lots

Adding the following to com.apple.Boot.plist should save the problem (you've removed it before .. right :) ):

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Enjoy!