InsanelyMac Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Meatwagon

zydas wireless for leopard 10.5

Ok, so i have the zydas wireless driver, i installed the 10.4 driver and it seemed to go fine, when i plug in my wifi usb, The usb stick shows up but it doesnt find any routers. ANy ideas?

Advertisement
Ok, so i have the zydas wireless driver, i installed the 10.4 driver and it seemed to go fine, when i plug in my wifi usb, The usb stick shows up but it doesnt find any routers. ANy ideas?

If you find the solution let us know, mine when i plug it in turns on and instantly off...

Same problem here on ZD1211. /var/log/system.log shows this:

Oct 26 19:24:38 leo-acpi [0x0-0xe00e].tw.com.zydas.80211.g[139]: Could not get ID for kernel control.

Oct 26 19:22:50 leo-acpi [0x0-0x1d01d].tw.com.zydas.80211.g[405]: : No such file or directory

Oct 26 19:32:34 leo-acpi [0x0-0xe00e].tw.com.zydas.80211.g[139]: 1193444781.487292: : No deviceInfo found

Oct 26 19:22:57 leo-acpi [0x0-0x1d01d].tw.com.zydas.80211.g[405]: application ShouldTerminate

Oct 26 19:22:57 leo-acpi [0x0-0x1d01d].tw.com.zydas.80211.g[405]: application WillTerminate

im using zydas with a belkin usb stick - i got it to work after i installed the belkin 10.3 drivers off their website.

strange, but it worked. im using it now to post this message.

hey it's not a big trouble,, you must install the utility and reboot with the usb pluged.. then te card will not worked... restar the pc witout the card. and when leopard stars conect it and it will be working..

sometimes the light of the card get always on, and the utility dont recognizes the card, or a near network,, so do the same restart wiothut the card and done. you have lan..

Good luck and not many KP in your way..

Matt

Happy New Year! Meant to post this some time ago, before I joined forum-but now I can :blink:

The latest drivers for Zydas USB chipsets- lots of different brands- Gigafast, Staples Retail Plus, some Trendnet, etc. can always be found at:

Macwireless

Panther, Tiger and Leopard drivers. They also have drivers for PCI wireless, etc.

I'm posting this in a few Zydas threads- is there a central thread for driver software links?