iLife 06, iWork 06

suleiman

108 posts in this topic

because my good man, I plan on buying a MacBook once i've saved up for it.

It comes bundled with iLife, but not iWork.

And with respect to the "tor rent" option...give me a little credit dude. I was one of the first people on these forums and I'm one of the most active, don't you be thinkin that wasn't the FIRST place i checked hommie ;)

Edited by suleiman

gna gna gna

we stole apple

come on check the rate of their stock exchange

i have bought an ipod and finally it's pretty {censored} for the price.

i like osx but i hate apple and all the hype

plus judging by the latest screenshot of windows vista

there's no other way ^^

sounds like the lyrics to a song. i mean really. i'm working on setting it to music just for the hell of it. will let you know if anything comes of. :angry:

Edited by quixos

alright alright, we get it alreaddy ;)

A quick question that's directly related to this.

Supposing we download the 6.5 gig download, does that mean we'll need at least 6.5 gigs or more to mount the drive? And additional disk space to install the applications locally?

Because I don't have 14+ gigs on my PC for this OS X partition :(

EDIT: it doesn't seem like you need extra space to mount the partition locally...and I'm loving this OS more and more by the day :)

Edited by suleiman

I ordered both iLife and iWork yesterday and they arrived before i got home from work today, i work the grave shift.

iLife will not even install on 10.4.1.

iWork will install but the apps don't run. Yes, they are unibin's

so I opened a terminal window and cd'd to the pages app and here is what is reports:

computer:/Applications/iWork '06/Pages.app/Contents/MacOS keith$ ./Pages

-bash: ./Pages: Bad executable (or shared library)

so it looks like we need at least a newer version of the base os than 10.4.1

I need them anyway for my macmini :)

I ordered both iLife and iWork yesterday and they arrived before i got home from work today, i work the grave shift.

iLife will not even install on 10.4.1.

iWork will install but the apps don't run. Yes, they are unibin's

so I opened a terminal window and cd'd to the pages app and here is what is reports:

computer:/Applications/iWork '06/Pages.app/Contents/MacOS keith$ ./Pages

-bash: ./Pages: Bad executable (or shared library)

so it looks like we need at least a newer version of the base os than 10.4.1

I need them anyway for my macmini :)

0.0 u still run 10.4.1,

you didnt know 10.4.3 x86 available on the net?

iLife 06 Up and Running on the following specs...

AMD Athlon S754 3200+ SSE2 Maxxuss 4.2b Kernel

2GB Corsair XMS 2-3-2-5

Nvidia Geforce 6800 Ultra AGP

All latest avaliable updates

Here is the lowdown...

iPhoto 06 - Works great , no issues as of yet

iDVD 06 - Works great , a tad slow due to no native video drivers , however once burning a DVD and it begins to encode the first portion of the DVD as soon as the preview window is displayed the program "Quits Unexpectedly" Happens in the same spot every time.

iMovie 06 - I am able to import a video , but after that nothing , The program does not quit , but I am unable to modify the movie , apply themes or pretty much do any thig else with the program at this point.

iWeb 06 - Program Loads and thats it , I can move the active window , but cant minimise to the dock or manipulate any of the buttons or features in the program.

Anyone else running this please post your results , I am curious as if this is an issue only with SSE2 based machines.

Anyone else running this please post your results , I am curious as if this is an issue only with SSE2 based machines.

I don't have the same iweb problem and I running sse3

Have yet to try anything else, except garageband, which states I dont have the required version of QT, even tho I do, and it runs flawless.

I don't have the same iweb problem and I running sse3

Have yet to try anything else, except garageband, which states I dont have the required version of QT, even tho I do, and it runs flawless.

Thanks for the reply! Would you mind posting your system specs , video card ect as well. Just want to try to narrow down the possibilities of what may be causing me greif. Thanks!

Imovie works for me.

I captured some clips from by DV camera into Imovie (using a generic Firwire PCI card) and I added a few transitions. I then exported to a quicktime movie and everything is OK.

I do suffer from slugisheness sometimes -- I get the spinning color wheel for no apparent reason once in a while.

If everything works , I will purchase the retail version of iLife 06.

My setup

ASUS P5GL-MX

Intel Celeron D 3.8 Ghz OC

1 GB Ram

S-ATA 250 GB HD

OSX86 10.4.3 with JAS Patches - native Install

Edited by cyrana

iMovie '06 - works, but is pretty rought, the video editing window shifts between the image and a b/w stripy version of itself. The application works well, speed is good, but not up to the speed increase I have seen just in the native OS (which is f'n flying). On my mac mini it crushes it badly, whereas '05 worked really well.

iPhoto '06 - works well, i'm getting less and less impressed with iphoto as a photo management application. The compare and editing features of iphoto are a poor copy of aperture. Fast loading and all that that steve was talking about isn't really all that crash hot, all it does is show a overview box of your roll's title when you scroll quickly. Bring on aperture I say, March is the day aparently.

iWeb '06. 1 hour to go and i'll let you know how it goes

iLife 06 Up and Running on the following specs...

AMD Athlon S754 3200+ SSE2 Maxxuss 4.2b Kernel

2GB Corsair XMS 2-3-2-5

Nvidia Geforce 6800 Ultra AGP

All latest avaliable updates

Here is the lowdown...

iPhoto 06 - Works great , no issues as of yet

iDVD 06 - Works great , a tad slow due to no native video drivers , however once burning a DVD and it begins to encode the first portion of the DVD as soon as the preview window is displayed the program "Quits Unexpectedly" Happens in the same spot every time.

iMovie 06 - I am able to import a video , but after that nothing , The program does not quit , but I am unable to modify the movie , apply themes or pretty much do any thig else with the program at this point.

iWeb 06 - Program Loads and thats it , I can move the active window , but cant minimise to the dock or manipulate any of the buttons or features in the program.

I can't install iPhoto 6 : error occured while installing. How did you do? Mine is 10.4.3 x86.

I can't install iPhoto 6 : error occured while installing. How did you do? Mine is 10.4.3 x86.

I installed straight from the iLife 06 DVD , no install issues , sorry <_<

I have the same prob with iweb :(

SSE2 or SSE3 Processor , also what video card are you using? Thanks

Also thought I should note the GarageBand 3 is up and running with no issues what so ever.