Trash Can looks different on Apples Leopard Pages

MrDee

13 posts in this topic

I notice that Leopards Trash can on Apples website look a bit different from what I have been seeing the beta screenshots so far. I don't know if its just my eyes that are fooling me but, the Trash looks shorter and more stubby with a darker interior.

There are some rare inconsistencies across the screenshots and movies posted on Leopard. I think two different builds were used. In most screenshots the icons for Trash can, Finder, iTunes and Preferences are tweaked. In some they are not. Also, the dock has a different angle and is more transparant. We'll see what's in the final build.

Great Eye!

You know . . . call me a weirdo, but just that little bit of angle change on the dock makes it "sit" better, add some transparency, and BANG! Finally it "looks" right. I just hope the obtuse shadows behind the icons has changed.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/desktop.html

Pic 1 and 3 are the same build

Pic 2 and 4 are the same build

both different Leopard Builds.

Sorry for the lame post, but that Dock was "nice", but was something about it that just bothered me, now I can stare at it daily as I work. It was kinda like people crunching ice loudly. . .I can tolerate it, but it gets under my after a while.

:(

The reason why some of the icons look different in the screenshots is that Apple always makes a high-DPI photoshop mockup instead of producing actual screenies. Since the images are made for the press (and print), Apple usually ups the contrast on certain objects and tweaks them overall to look better on paper and at bigger sizes than normal.

The reason why some of the icons look different in the screenshots is that Apple always makes a high-DPI photoshop mockup instead of producing actual screenies. Since the images are made for the press (and print), Apple usually ups the contrast on certain objects and tweaks them overall to look better on paper and at bigger sizes than normal.

True, but the fact is that all press images contain the old "untweaked" dock icons.

The reason the Leopard Dock looks different in various screen shots is because there are a different number of icons on the Dock in each case. When there are more icons, the Dock is angled 'flatter' and the changed angle makes it change colour too, as the glass appears more opaque at a more upright angle. (Oddly, the top and bottom edges of the Dock don't change position - so it's really more like the perspective is changing, or as if you're viewing the Dock through a wider lens.)