Car "crash" story(s).

Mosqwik

8 posts in this topic

Warning, some reading follows, and is intended for those who have nothing better to do, if you have something better to do...go do it

Here's my story:

I'm driving home on a dirt road at night in my 2000 intrepid (70,000 miles, good condition) with a friend in the car (we're both 16). It's all good, going about 35-40mph, listening to the radio, until out of nowhere something appears in the road (remember this is a dirt road and its dark out). My first instinct is to swerve (which is what you're not supposed do) and then I lose control, and go into the ditch.

After a few ...."select words" and sitting there for a sec taking in what had just happened, we get out to survey the damage. The whole front fender is all messed up [scratched, dented, and ...hanging off of the car] and there's a liquid leaking out on the ground. At this point...I realize I'm screwed (I'm 16...my dad is going to kill me). I get in the car and somehow manage to get it out of the ditch, and drive home...and think for a while.

I've learned a few things (silver lining) and also learned something, and that is: Modern day cars are super {censored} when it comes to quality...and fenders are a rippoff.

Well there's my story...I felt that I had to share it with everyone...lol, feel free to add your own incidents if you've had any.

Modern day cars are super {censored} when it comes to quality...and fenders are a rippoff.

first thing, new cars are getting lower and lower in quality with every new model (not in general, but (our) german cars aren't the same anymore when it comes to quality in every way but e.g. toyota(lexus) is getting better)

but that your car (or your dads) is now wasted is what the engineers wanted it to do, not because you should buy a new one earlier.

the energie that was use to deform the car is the energie that won't hurt YOU.

ever seen old cars after an acident? the look pretty well, there drivers don't.

i've wasted a car myself on the autobahn just a few weeks after i got my license, same story, i just wherent experienced enough to handle car right after i lost the road with only the left tires, i was steering to the right, but i oversteert.

after that i stuck in the side of a truck.

we are used to say "es ist nur blech" "it' just sheeting"

nothing really bad happend

your father won't kill you, he will be grateful you are alive

I once had a skitsofrensic man crash his car into a stop light several cars in front of me. All of us stopped on a dime(going about 15-20) except for the teen driver behind me. Long story short I got a new bumper.

this one time in the park.... (pause.... woooooo bap another story that is full of stupidity and whatnot, woohoo)

but yeah, i was smokin and drinkin in the park with my dudes (and the girls of course)

but yeah it was like 11, there was like 3 cars in a huge parking lot

and i manage to back into one

good thing there was only one other person who saw... but that didnt matter cause it wasnt his car

hahah it didnt do any damage (to mine at least...)

lexus es300 btw

lmao

Never been a serious accident personally, just had some {censored} in a lexus back right up into me in a parking lot and ended up pulling out the dent, when i first got my car someone keyed it, and not too long ago i went over a speedbump (that for some reason was unpainted) at like 50, and chipped the air splitter really bad. Oh and some idiots put in a mailbox really badly on a narrow street and a huge truck was trying to pass me and i pulled close to the edge of the road and tore off my mirror. All that in my trusty 240z.

btw 600 posts!! w00t

Me, my GF, and her son were on the way to Memphis. A jackass in a big rig cut us off, and we flew into the ditch at 93mph. 2003 Tiburon GT. I managed to get the car moving sideways before we hit the bottom, which was 135 feet or so off the highway. The car went airborne, broke a tree in half, and slammed into another one. Nobody was hurt. It broke the small window in the back, warped the right rear wheel, and {censored}ed the panels all up. The guy in Tupelo that fixed the car said that the frame didn't have a single scratch on it, and he couldn't figure out why. He had never seen something like that before. The insurance company, because my father has connections, got it fixed for $5,800, on a $500 deductable. Good deal. The car is in perfect shape now, sitting in my driveway, and only has 60k miles on it.

The day after the wreck, (I have a photographic memory), I gave the license plate to the cops, which did nothing. So I went to a Judge, and got a warrant myself after arguing with him for 20 minutes. I tracked the guy down, and went to the company where he works, and talked to their lawyer. The lawyer wanted to be an ass, and not pay up. I gave a few big guys a few hundred bucks. They corrected the 2 problems. Two days later, the company calls, and gave me the money for the deductable, plus $50 a day for every day I spent without my car. It was a good day when I got my car back. It drives like new.

http://www.linuxgod.net/~jd/Tibby/more_pic...ws/DSCF0141.JPG

Never been a serious accident personally, just had some {censored} in a lexus back right up into me in a parking lot
:wacko:
and i manage to back into one

lexus es300 btw

My story is a little graphic, so if you don't like bodily injury, skip this post.

I was driving home from work at 11pm. I had a 97 Eclipse. God I loved that car. Anyway, I lived in the mountians and had to take this small two lane highway home. On the west side of the highway was this huge mountain. On the east side was a river. There were lots of curves, but there was this one straight stretch that was just fast enough to get to 110mph with time to slow down safely. On either end of this straight stretch were 2 sharp 40 mph curves.

The trick was to keep the car going at least 65 through the first two turns. I was going 80, which would have been my fasted time yet. Anyway, I missed the second turn, crashed into the mountain, bounced back through the highway and ended in the river.

Here's where it gets graphic. The driver side window imploded and the airbag pushed the glass into my face. I climbed out of the car. At this point, I could see clearly. I even climbed back down into the car to turn the radio off. I then hitch hiked to a hotel. The front desk agent thought she was a nurse or something, so she bandaged me up. I was pretty messed up. Blood everywhere. Anyway, she tied the bandage around my eyes too tightly, which pushed the glass even further into my eyes.

A few hours later, I finally got to a hospital. It took two surgeons about 8 hours to patch me back together again. The end result, is that the lense in my right eye was removed, the cornea looks like a potato chip, and my iris looks like a tear drop.

I even have a piece of glass in my jaw, because they can't take it out without cuting a nerve.

Good times. Good times.

http://www.thatonesite.us/pictures/eclipse.jpg

http://www.thatonesite.us/pictures/pupil.jpg

Wow. That picture of the car looks pretty messed up!

P.s. Anyone who wants to see those pictures, you must first go here: http://www.thatonesite.us/aboutme.html

:)