Kalyway Install

Onetrack

12 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

After playing around with that installer last night for XXX 10.4.10 and not being able to get it to boot I tried the Kalyway dvd.

Summed up in 2 words

IT ROCKS

I'm running the new 10.4.10 with 8.10.3 kernel - bootup time is noticeably faster, and my xbench score went up to 102.43 from 97.98 with no adjusting voltages or overclocking.

Dual monitor support works out of the box with natit 0.1 on my bfg 7300gt - resolution on primary monitor is 1680x1050 (22" widescreen-DVI) and on secondary 1280x768 (lumenlab Projector-VGA) both @ 60 hz

No issues as yet installing updates or applications - this release is very solid. YMMV of course..

Props and beer money to Kalyway (pm me).

Will play around with it today and see if I can break it or if I discover any showstopping bugs... For me, this is THE release for now.

regards

One

Bug #1: No carbon? It looks like universal binaries only - no rosetta - but thats alright - I don't need microsoft office anyways.

For those of you reading this thread and not the other one - CDMSupport and Keychains has been fixed, now carbon apps (like ms office) and https access function correctly.

The master chain access password is blank

Link here for the fixes

Yes this installer is the best i've ever seen. But i've problem with SAFARI, i can't connect to secured websites ... :P

Tried an update of my JaS 10.4.9 system with the Kalyway 10.4.10 one, had to replace my OpenGL.frameworks because it was replaced and it stopped my Nvidia 6600GT from working with CI and QE

CI was 'software' and QE was not supported. Somehow the 950 graphics driver files were installed without me having checked them.

I got that back when I copied back the OpenGL.framework from my 10.4.9 installment. What did strike me was that HD access was extremely slow on my system. Copying files or extracting files was just dead slow.

When I boot with -v there is just a ton more non-recognized hardware scrolling by than with my JaS 10.4.8 installation on the SSE2 laptop.

Perhaps there is some ata/ide setting not compatible with my Asus P4P800 Deluxe motherboard. I am back to JaS 10.4.9 for now. (Easily restored using Acronins True image).

IT ROCKS FOR ME TOO!

About SAFARI secure webs, fix:

Dune31:

i found where is the problem :

in the folder /System/Library/Keychains there are 2 files :

-X509Anchors

-X509Certificates

they are truncated. i replaced them with those from my 10.4.9 and everything works again : messenger, https in safari and maybe Itunes store( but i have not tested this one).

http://dune31.free.fr/Mac/Keychains.zip

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=451379

Kalyway doesn't work for me because on my system, any kernel over 8.8.1 is unstable. 8.8.1 is the best, 8.9.1 is usable (but with tons of random kernel panics) and 8.10.1 and 8.10.3 won't even boot my system. It loads the extensions and then reboots.

Even though it doesn't work for me, it seems to be a pretty good installer.

Kalyway doesn't work for me because on my system, any kernel over 8.8.1 is unstable. 8.8.1 is the best, 8.9.1 is usable (but with tons of random kernel panics) and 8.10.1 and 8.10.3 won't even boot my system. It loads the extensions and then reboots.

Even though it doesn't work for me, it seems to be a pretty good installer.

with nforce you have to use a noHPET kernel (the AMD kernels are noHPET), and with 8.9.1+ kernels use cpus=1.

Hi folks,

After playing around with that installer last night for XXX 10.4.10 and not being able to get it to boot I tried the Kalyway dvd.

Summed up in 2 words

IT ROCKS

I'm running the new 10.4.10 with 8.10.3 kernel - bootup time is noticeably faster, and my xbench score went up to 102.43 from 97.98 with no adjusting voltages or overclocking.

Dual monitor support works out of the box with natit 0.1 on my bfg 7300gt - resolution on primary monitor is 1680x1050 (22" widescreen-DVI) and on secondary 1280x768 (lumenlab Projector-VGA) both @ 60 hz

No issues as yet installing updates or applications - this release is very solid. YMMV of course..

Props and beer money to Kalyway (pm me).

Will play around with it today and see if I can break it or if I discover any showstopping bugs... For me, this is THE release for now.

regards

One

Bug #1: No carbon? It looks like universal binaries only - no rosetta - but thats alright - I don't need microsoft office anyways.

hi ! Props and beer money for me ! whoa!lol! triple leffe please! lol