MoveOn.org - WHAT KIND OF A-holes

MoveOn.org  

22 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think

• They are a bunch of disrespectful a-holes
    • i like them
    • Whats moveon.org

16 posts in this topic

Well for those who know whats going on in the world... MoveOn.org, a liberal internet organization, placed an add in the New York Times. This add was disrespectful to General Petraeus as well as the United States Armed Forces in general.

this is the AOL artical

Well.... i want to know what all of you think on this topic....

F*ck moveon.org. That being said, f*ck the Neo-Conservatives. Ron Paul ftw :censored2:

We need a libertarian style government or full blown communism (*not* stalinism)

see.. um... i believe in moderate government... but just minus the disrespectful {censored}s.... and also i believe in internet base because there are tons of free ways to advertise your campaign without being uber right

General Petraeus or General Betray Us? big effing deal. His facts and figures were disingenuous to say the least.

Here's an idea. Everyone who's a supporter of this war should be off fighting it, instead of hiding behind "the troops".

General Petraeus or General Betray Us? big effing deal. His facts and figures were disingenuous to say the least.

Here's an idea. Everyone who's a supporter of this war should be off fighting it, instead of hiding behind "the troops".

yah... cause they'd really let my 14 year old {censored} join the war kthx

last time i heard, attacking a ranking military official during a time of war was either subversion or treason. send them to the firing squad

mmm might be, but treason isnt usually met with execution anymore, even though it is still a valid punishment. most of the time youre locked away for life. if youre military personnel that means breaking big rocks into small rocks.

I say if you want this war, get your ass over there, and help Blackwater USA fight it!

Why is America always talking about "the troops" when they only make up %40 of the fighting force?

Lets talk about who is doing the fighting... Blackwater USA.

its all legal and they have every right to say what they want within reasion

aka no slander/libel etc...... but yeahhh

theyre doing nothing wrong

& their message is a personal opinion....... so thats whatever.......

i just dont support their ways of doing buisness..... insults arnt the way to get anything accomplished.

i'm pretty sure that what they're saying qualifies as "slander/libel"

I will "slander" whoever I want to whenever I want to.

{censored} Bush. {censored} Congress, and {censored} the right/left paradigm. There

I just "slandered" the entire board. What you gonna do? Sue me?

:(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slander_and_libel

In order for the MoveOn.org ad to have been defamatory, it would have needed to pass off a false claim as factually accurate. That did not occur.

All political ads are full of mischaracterizations and partial truths... that doesn't make them slanderous.

An example of a defamatory statement would be to say... Person X is a traitor to this country, here's the (false) proof.

In order to make the case that the MoveOn.org ad is defamatory, General Petraeus (or Betray Us, as you will) would be obligated to provide material proof which directly contradicts the assertions of the ad.

My $0.02.