ICH8 SATA Driver installer for Asus P5B

Trauma!

48 posts in this topic

Hy,

This is a patch in order to enable all SATA and IDE ports on the Asus P5B mobo under ENHACED/IDE settings in the bios.

I'm runing OSX 10.4.10 udpdated from the JAS 10.4.8 dvd install. I've tested it and it works greats here. :(

Let's test it, and let me know

Work in progress for Leopard support...... Let's test it, Brazilmac release seem to be ok with it!!

ToH not yet....

Anyone have try this patch?

Yeah! I have installed and now all work fine, i have 4 hdd sata and now i can use all, not only 2.

Tiger 10,4,10 on asus p5b (not deluxe)

edit [2]:

no, don't work for me, it work on the first poweron, but if i turn-off and power-on the macosx dont boot.

any idea?

Hy Tinolupin,

Did try to reboot under AHCI mode, this must work but only 2 ports.

Did you modify anything in the AppleAHCIPort.kext after install ?

Did you set both ICH8 and Jmicron to IDE mode ?

Did you repair permisions after install ?

DID SOMEONE ELSE TEST THIS PATCH?????

I'm running OSX with this patch from few days and everything works fine.

Let me konw!!

Hy Tinolupin,

Did try to reboot under AHCI mode, this must work but only 2 ports.

Did you modify anything in the AppleAHCIPort.kext after install ?

Did you set both ICH8 and Jmicron to IDE mode ?

Did you repair permisions after install ?

DID SOMEONE ELSE TEST THIS PATCH?????

I'm running OSX with this patch from few days and everything works fine.

Let me konw!!

I have installed the patch and switch ICH8 to IDE, Jmicron already to IDE.

I have repair permission..

What bios do you use on P5B? i have the last version: 1604

I'm using the same bios version : 1604.....

I'm using this kernel:

Darwin localhost 8.10.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.10.1: Wed May 23 16:33:00 PDT 2007; Sochi2014:VoteForUs/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386.

Did you try to copy the two kext manualy into the extensions folder, then type the habitual commands??

Maybe the installer did something wrong??

• 1 month later...
Hy,

This is a patch in order to enable all SATA and IDE ports on the Asus P5B mobo under ENHACED/IDE settings in the bios.

I'm runing OSX 10.4.10 udpdated from the JAS 10.4.8 dvd install. I've tested it and it works greats here. :blowup:

Let's test it, and let me know

Works stable on my 10.4.9 uphuck's v1.3, I can see all my 2 SATA HD's and 1 SATA DVD, all in IDE mode.

Thank you!

UPD:

Actually all settings were reset after reboot...

OKAY, update 2:

The problem was in previous drivers/patches installed. Removed following from Extensions:

AppleAHCIPort.kext

AppleHDA.kext

AllpeVIAATA.kext

and, a miracle, I can see and use all my SATA again!

Besides the fact that it might support the 4 IDE ports.

What would be the benetif to run IDE over AHCI ?! I bought a Silicin Image controller to over come the available ports limitation, works like a charm on any version of OSX.

Actually does this support Leo ?

Which Controller have you purchased?

I´ve tried this patch with PC_EFId kernel but it didn´t work. Maybe it was becaus i´ve not kopied the kext-Files from brazilmac-postpatcher. I´ve only copied Natit and now my system runs perfectly!

I thing there is a missing .kext like VIA , VIAATA or IOHDIXC..

thx

Hy Kamikaze and boomslang,

As you said, the benefit of ide is to have all ports working. In my case Xbench result are a bit better in IDE mode than in AHCI, even if my hard drives are limieted to UDMA6 in the IDE mode.

I've tested those KEXT under Leo GM version, and that was NOT working, the only benefit is to enable the jmicron adapter.

Leopard wont boot under IDE mode with this patch.

Is somewhere a tutorial for my Asus P5B Deluxe and what I need to get MacOSX installed? I evn bought an SATA to IDE controller for my CD ROM to boot a boot disk but it does not work. Wich release should I dl and what should I install. I would love to hear from you! =)

I've tested those KEXT under Leo GM version, and that was NOT working, the only benefit is to enable the jmicron adapter.

Leopard wont boot under IDE mode with this patch.

Sorry, but i have to disagree.

With your patch i have all my S-ATA working in Enhanced-IDE mode with Leopard 10.5 Final (now. 10.5.1).

I have done the following steps:

1. Installed LEO from Brazilmacs pre-patched DVD in AHCI-Mode

2. EFI_Patch + AppleSMBIOS + dsmos + Natit -> System booted up without problems!

3. In Leopard: Copied some of the kext-files from the PostPatcher-directory (i don´t realy know which of them are realy important for enhanced-IDE support, but i suppose VIA, VIAATA, IOATA and IOHDIX are the kextfiles you need), deleted "Extensions.mkext" and rebooted the system.

4. still in AHCI-Mode applied trauma23´s patch -> shutdown or reboot

5. Set IDE-Mode to ENHACED in BIOS and booted up Leopard

bild6sa8.jpg

As you see, the drive icons have changed. :censored2:

Thank you for the Patch trauma23!

Ok No Way to make it boot in IDE here, with the ToH RC2 realese + EFI V51...

The JMicron seems to work fine now, in IDE mode. The Icons have changed too!! (even for ICH8)

In the Diskutil the connexion type is now set to internal!!!

I've tested to copy some of the kext from Brazilmac. I have even booted with the kernel included in this patch.

But i always get the famous "still wating for root device" message when i try to boot under IDE mode :P

I'm gonna update to 10.5.1 and see what's happen.... I'll let you know.

EDIT : Still not working on 10.5.1. Let's try to repack this with your KEXTs boomslang !!!

I´ll try my best but i´m not the expert that you expect me to be. :rolleyes:

I´ve talked to an other p5b-user on irc and he said that the following kextfiles are important:

AppleAHCIPort.kext

IOAHCIFamily.kext

AppleVIAATA.kext

The following kextfiles are from Brazilmacs-PostPatcher. I´ve applied these Files in AHCI-Mode, then installed your patch trauma and finaly rebootet in Enhanced-IDE. Attention! You can´t boot in AHCI anymore.

http://rapidshare.com/files/71066770/ICH8I...HANCED.zip.html

I´ve also been told, that there are some problems with the JMicron after patching and changing the kext-files. It´s not a problem for me, because JMicron is disabled on my hackint0sh.

Good luck guys.

My hard-drives are coming up as External & removable on the ICH8R chipset

Basically all my HDD's on orange external icons desktop.

Is there anyway I can set these to INTERNAL?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, here's my rig

-10.5.1 Vanilla on BrazilMac & EFI 5.2 patch

-Asus P5B Deluxe

-ICH8R 6 SATA ports

----------------------

Editted

-JMicron JMB363 now works since I set it to IDE in the BIOS. The drives come up as Internal & non-removable.

----------------------

In my BIOS, I have ICH8R set to Enhanced - AHCI

I installed "ICH8R Patch Mistico v1.1"

Got all my ports working but everything was Unknown in System Profile until I until Mistiso patch & changed the Device ID

I even set it as Enhanced - IDE and no drives showed up at all. I almost gotta have AHCI for ICH8R because thats how WinXP is setup

<key>ICH8MAHCI</key>

<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort</string>

<key>Chipset Name</key>

<string>ICH8-M AHCI</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>AppleAHCI</string>

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x28218086</string>

<key>IOProbeScore</key>

<integer>2000</integer>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOPCIDevice</string>

<key>Vendor Name</key>

<string>Intel</string>

</dict>

After Mistro's patch, they would come up as Unknown and now that is corrected but everything is "external"

Any ideas how I make it internal instead of external for ICH8R

The Pic is on the ICH8R. Help & Thanks!

post-132443-1196438991_thumb.jpg

Hy Menphis2K,

P5B motherboard don't use this device ID's. P5B Deluxe have an ICH8R chipset and it's better recognized in OS X.

I now can use ALL my ports in Leopard, there was another kext loading instead of mine for the ICH8.

I'm looking after HFBT informations, in order to recreat it in the installation process...

For people who are planning to install BrazilMac release juste replace the AppleHACI.kext and VIAATA.kext by those into my installer before running the postpatch script from Brazilmac.