Leopard on a ipod!

johnsingh07

11 posts in this topic

This is doubtful, at least without major hacking. A first step would be to get OSX running on the iPhone, then work from there.

I think he means restoring the disk image onto an ipod which can easily be done by using disk utility, but maybe i am mistaken.

Of course he could. He'd have to format his iPod (w/ disk utility), and then use that as the destination drive when he installs Leo.

I don't think he's trying to actually run it on his iPod....

Now I'm not sure. You should be able to easily restore the Leo install disc onto the ipod, connect it to a mac, and install Leopard onto the mac.

I interpreted it as "can you install Leopard on the iPod, i.e. Run OSX on the iPod".

Well, he asked if he could "Boot off of it" I have to imagine he means boot off of it in the same sense as another HD.

I imagine he would have gone "Can I use leopard on my iPod?" if that's what he was going for....

When i did this, a really stripped down version of the restore menu came up, its called the ipod recovery mode, it stays there no matter what in some flash or something i think, but i partitioned it and i couldnt get it to partition because it kept giving some {censored} errors in disk utility, you might be able to do this with a terminal command or something but if someone figures it out, post it here because i want to know

hey ppl!

Thankz for the posts so far, i think there has been some confussion from what i was trying to inquire about. i don't want to run leopard on the ipod(i think that would b more or less impossible??:s), but as ayanami said i want to boot off of the ipod in the same sense as another HD if thats actually possible.

thanx guyz so far:D

p.s 1 last thing its not to do with the ipod issue but can anyone post safari 3 the 1 with webclip button i would love to try that on tiger:O ThanX u so much again:D u lot are geniuses:O

Yes u can.Firstly and format ur ipod to GUID format, you have to burn leopard to a dvd so that you can boot it. Secondly you put the dvd in as if you were going to install it to your mac, with ur ipod connected with disk mode enabled. Then run through the set up when it comes to where u want to install leopard select ur ipod. now continue ur installation. when u have finshed u will want to boot leopard to do this you press the option(alt for dummies) key and it should have all the avabile Operating Systems. BEAWAERE THAT THIS IS FOR MACS ONLY!!!Forgot to mention that if u did not want to burn leopard to a dvd then u could use a piece of software called Carbon Copy this allows u to use a partition as a bootable disk. so in other words u create 2 partitions 1 large one for the install and the other for the bootable image. This method is more complicated and makes u have a smaller partition for the install but it is good if u don't have a dual layer drive.