Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

i use samsung 931bw ,the best resolution is 1440x900, but i can not find the 1440x900 in displaysettings

:)

:blink:

Try take natit.kext from jccools or Diabolik and edit info.plist!

You can download program DisplayConfigX and add resolution 1440x900 !!!

Hello. I have taken from jccools X1950XT - does not work DVI and qe/ci!!! And ATINDRV.kext you can take another! And looking for whom works DVI and for whom does not work DVI!Why it is necessary? There is a driver which it is possible to change resolution!Take here it. 7288 --> x1950_pro_7288_dmitrik.zipYou test !

Bronya, I think Nimpi is right. I did it with my Powercolour 1950Pro AGP now.

1. Install jccools driver first, remove everything except ATINDRV.kext

2. Copy everything from your package except ATINDRV.kext to /System/Library/Extensions

I have ATI Displays 4.5.9 installed before these steps so I don't know whether it will cause any trouble.

I had kernal panic with AGPGart, once removed it everythink is just working fine! DVI with CI/QE full res!

post-79354-1186445010_thumb.jpg

On this DVI out issue my guess is if your card has 1 VGA + 1 DVI then you are {censored} out of luck. Nimpi and Krell both have dual DVI out 1950pros.

To Nimpi and Krell, does dual display (extended desktop) work?

Take here it. 7288 --> x1950_pro_7288_dmitrik.zipYou test !

:( won't work on

Display adapter ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x7288)
Core Name RV570
SubVendor Sapphire (P.C. Partner) (174B)
SubDevice E190
BUS 7
Device 0
Function 0
Base Address 0 E000000C
Base Address 1 00000000
Base Address 2 FD2F0004
Base Address 3 00000000
Bus Type PCI Express

with d-sub(via adaptor) shows white screen, with dvi - black screen :(

On this DVI out issue my guess is if your card has 1 VGA + 1 DVI then you are {censored} out of luck. Nimpi and Krell both have dual DVI out 1950pros.

To Nimpi and Krell, does dual display (extended desktop) work?

Sorry I don't have another display at the moment.

2. Copy everything from your package except ATINDRV.kext to /System/Library/Extensions

I have ATI Displays 4.5.9 installed before these steps so I don't know whether it will cause any trouble.

I had kernal panic with AGPGart, once removed it everythink is just working fine! DVI with CI/QE full res!

it everythink is just working fine! DVI with CI/QE full res!

but atidisplay not works,i use macosx 10.4.10

:( won't work on
Display adapter ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x7288)Core Name RV570SubVendor Sapphire (P.C. Partner) (174B)SubDevice E190BUS 7Device 0Function 0Base Address 0 E000000CBase Address 1 00000000Base Address 2 FD2F0004Base Address 3 00000000Bus Type PCI Express

Forgive for a mistake, try here itATIRadeonX1000.kext.zip
with d-sub(via adaptor) shows white screen, with dvi - black screen :)
Take mine atindrv.kext from the driver 7280, or take any natit.kext and atindrv.kext, and then check up!:)

krell , for me works DVI, but does not work qe/ci... Something at me not so.

it everythink is just working fine! DVI with CI/QE full res!

but atidisplay not works,i use macosx 10.4.10

Works for me! :thumbsup_anim:

Clean install 10.4.10 AMD Test 01

DVI/all full/still pci(agpgart get me to krenel panic)

Thanks!!!

Edit: I'm stupid...everything is ok except agpgart... :D

Hello,

3 month ago i wanted to install Jas 10.4.8 on my Core2duo E6300,Gigabyte ds4 with Asus x1950pro PCIE.

But i have seen, that x1950pro not supported....

and now you say it works? :D

Wich version of mac can i install? what is better for me? have somebody mac on Asus x1950pro pcie?

Hello,

3 month ago i wanted to install Jas 10.4.8 on my Core2duo E6300,Gigabyte ds4 with Asus x1950pro PCIE.

But i have seen, that x1950pro not supported....

and now you say it works? ;)

Wich version of mac can i install? what is better for me? have somebody mac on Asus x1950pro pcie?

You can establish MacOSX any version from 10.4.4!!! Yes works without problems, you see pictures are a truth! Try!

To all thanks for responses! :censored2:

Worked a treat for my Saphire X1950Pro 512Mb... Thanks Allot!! I did have to remove the nativit.kext before QE/QI worked and set my res in com.apple.boot.plist. Also this is over the DVI Port... Now only to get my second monitor working and I will be in hog heaven!! THANKS!!!!!!!

This method worked for me with no ATI Displays installed. I had a hell of a time getting anything over DVI or VGA before installing jccools driver. I think it wasn't recognizing my LCD properly.

1. Install jccools, reboot into non CI/QE mode over DVI, change resolution.

2. Overwrite all extensions with Bronya's extensions except for ATINDRV.kext, reboot.

3. It just works, even DVI!

This is with an 7280 id Ati Radeon 1950 Pro 256mb on PCI-E, running a fresh install of Tub's 4.10 Test1.

Bronya you are a star for getting this working. I've held back on running OSX on my system because of the poor video performance playing videos and such at 1680x1050. I can finally start using OSX every day.

I cannot wait to try this. I have a Saphire AGP 512mb x1950pro with dual DVI. Before I install though, I need to know if dual monitors is working, as I have them working now under a different video card. Also, it would be great if someone that has this working could write up a step by step guide on how to get this working for newbies, and for people like me who would much rather follow directions than tinker for hours to get it working.

Thanks a lot.