Unlocking iPhone

iMags

42 posts in this topic

Well I hope we get the iphone unlocked and soon. After it gets unlocked I hope successive generations of iPhones don't correct the exploits :) At any rate I hope that this team accomplishes the end goal of using 3rd party apps on the iPhone; things like skype could then be used, and of course the sky is the limit at that point.

Geohot Says iPhone Unlocking Proof Of Concept Video Is On The Way

In response to the claims at http://blog.iphoneunlocking.com/ that they would release a POC (Proof of Concept) video soon proving that they have the ability to unlock the iPhone, noted hacker Geohot announced that he was going to work on his own POC Video that could be released as early as tonight but might take up to 2 days.

The iPhone Unlocking website has been considered a scam to collect email addresses in the iPhone dev community since it first went up right as the iPhone was being released. This did however seem to get Geohot riled up. He said that he picked up a 12 of Red Bull and that the video could happen before he goes to sleep. Depending on when he goes to sleep, the video could be released anytime between late tonight (early tomorrow morning) and sometime tuesday. This is good news for all of us iPhone owners living with iPhones that aren't phones yet.

For all of the latest news on the iPhone hacking information, you can visit the iPhone IRC Channel, or the iPhone Dev Wiki. We will also try to keep you posted on the latest news from the IRC channel.

Kallis, where do you have picked up this news?! I read an interview from geohot, few days old.. Now, the iPhone dev Wiki do not mention that they will upload a POC Video.. Hope it will released soon ;) with the hack!!!! iPhone for all, WORLDWIDE!

Geohot Says iPhone Unlocking Proof Of Concept Video Is On The Way

In response to the claims at http://blog.iphoneunlocking.com/ that they would release a POC (Proof of Concept) video soon proving that they have the ability to unlock the iPhone, noted hacker Geohot announced that he was going to work on his own POC Video that could be released as early as tonight but might take up to 2 days.

The iPhone Unlocking website has been considered a scam to collect email addresses in the iPhone dev community since it first went up right as the iPhone was being released. This did however seem to get Geohot riled up. He said that he picked up a 12 of Red Bull and that the video could happen before he goes to sleep. Depending on when he goes to sleep, the video could be released anytime between late tonight (early tomorrow morning) and sometime tuesday. This is good news for all of us iPhone owners living with iPhones that aren't phones yet.

For all of the latest news on the iPhone hacking information, you can visit the iPhone IRC Channel, or the iPhone Dev Wiki. We will also try to keep you posted on the latest news from the IRC channel.

give me an iPhone to do that for you!

take it easy !MP..

There is a significant progress on the unlocking. If there are some superbrains around with experience on SIM cards, visit this tread:

http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1744

It's all about mod the SIM card (SuperSim or Silvercard, etc..) and one user has done something with proxy SIM and is able to place cals on this local network..