WiTricity - Wireless Electricity

target7

5 posts in this topic

See today's most popular deals at http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/12733/1066/

Quote:

A key point is that WiTricity does not use electromagnetic radiation, which would be inefficient and possibly hazardous. Instead, it relies on magnetically coupled resonance which gives efficient energy transfer and interacts very weakly with most common materials including living creatures. "The fact that magnetic fields interact so weakly with biological organisms is also important for safety considerations," said researcher Andre Kurs.

Natural soap photoshop tutorials Airline credit cards

I've read about this. It's a pretty cool system. Electricity is sent to any compatible devices in a given range. Any energy that does not come into direct contact with a device is simply recycled, so it's not like energy is constantly flowing through the air being wasted on nothing.

I can see Apple being one of the first to adopt this. It'll definitely become part of MS Surface a few years from now, so devices can be read from, scanned, and charged all from the same flat surface. I definitely see it growing as rapidly as BlueTooth did.

I had never heard of that... that's pretty incredible!And the technology is at a great stage already!The article highlighted room for improvement: it has to be twice as efficient, reduce the size of copper coils, improve the 7-foot range.

These improvements are tiny compared to what has already been accomplished... especially when we consider the technology, in this stage, is already safe and working!!

I'm very exciting! This has the potential to become another of the most widely used technologies in the world... right up there with cars, computers, the light bulb, cell phones, etc.