Wont install on MacbookPRo

Xplicit

21 posts in this topic

Download Leapord .dmg -

Burned it on a dual layer

Inserted in my macbook pro.

Loads Dvd

Installer Shows up and asks to press restart

Press Restart -Boots upto tiger and same process all over again.

is the Dmg file currupt? its 6gb or am i doing something wrong

Just out of curiosity, bring up Disk Utility and check the Partition Map Scheme for that external USB Drive. Is it correct for the type of Mac you have?

also try to used an external FW drive if available, if not I'll suggest format your iPod, than restored it using the "New Big cat" disk image and see if it works like that.

can anyone help me on how i can go about installin it,, ? with using a dvd?

EDIT** DO I burn the Leapord.dmg on to a dual layer dvd or do i burn the content that is inside the dmg, wen i open the dmg it in mac?

Macbook pro has intell and its the generation b4 they installed those Nvidia, so its core 2 duo

maybe with your level of expertise you should just stick to 10.4…

but if you really want to do this, you burn the dmg file as an image using disk utility. put that in the drive, reboot while holding c, and then go get a sandwich while it boots.

***UPDATE***

INSTALLED FRESH CLEAN INSTALL OF LEOPARD

WORKS FLAWLESS_ had some litte connection problems but it fixied it , its self, and with updates had a little problem at first - it went to sleep and never woke up so i had to reboot.

Only 1 Issue - on Macbook Pro has back lit keyboard, and its suppost to light up when it gets darker, well mine stays lit up even when the room is fully lit, and yes the box is checked that says "illuminate when dark or something like that ,

other than that its awsome.

***UPDATE***

INSTALLED FRESH CLEAN INSTALL OF LEOPARD

WORKS FLAWLESS_ had some litte connection problems but it fixied it , its self, and with updates had a little problem at first - it went to sleep and never woke up so i had to reboot.

Only 1 Issue - on Macbook Pro has back lit keyboard, and its suppost to light up when it gets darker, well mine stays lit up even when the room is fully lit, and yes the box is checked that says "illuminate when dark or something like that ,

other than that its awsome.

that is something that is clearly going to be fixed later (not critical), congrats.

The piratebay image works perfectly, on a macbook Core Duo, on my MAcbook Pro with the "Santa Rosa" procesors, its {censored} because AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext doesn't work.

how does that affect the performance, i'm just curious because i have a new mbp santa rosa and wasn't sure if it was much faster than tiger

It doesn't affect the performance, it just makes your battery life like 1 hour and 45 minutes, instead of the usual 3 hours and 15 minutes. Next to that, there are quite some other 'serious' bugs photo booth, eh no go. Control Panel is buggy as hell for me, and lots of buttons are shown with weird graphics.. I reverted back lol. <3 10.4