GOODBYE OSx86! Bubai insanelymac!

Zizou

13 posts in this topic

Well.. Thanks :) I bought a macbook pro (Santa Rosa, 2.2Ghz) :-D

time to leave OSx86 behind, hehe.

Big thank you to all those people who made it possible to run OS X on my comp for quite a while :)

seriously :angel:

I guess I'll end up trying to install OS X x86 on a virtual machine on my mbp though, just because I just love the project lol.

bubai ;p

ps, good luck to the AGP guys with intel chipsets, I know how you feel LOL.

zizou out! ;)

Well.. Thanks :P I bought a macbook pro (Santa Rosa, 2.2Ghz) :-D

time to leave OSx86 behind, hehe.

Big thank you to all those people who made it possible to run OS X on my comp for quite a while :)

seriously :P

I guess I'll end up trying to install OS X x86 on a virtual machine on my mbp though, just because I just love the project lol.

bubai ;p

ps, good luck to the AGP guys with intel chipsets, I know how you feel LOL.

zizou out! :P

If threads had music this would need some depressing moving on/goodbye song. Congrats on the new MBP, thats the best Mac there is!

I just happen to read it a few times, saying OS X needs an OWN Hard Drive, one that's not shared..

But when I read some of the instalation guides here, actually one; [http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=11339&st=0], I notice that the 'own hdd' hasn't even be mentioned!

So my question is, is a normal FAT32 partition ok enough? (there's a 2nd partition on the same hdd, an NFTS with windows on it.)

sorry if my question has allready beeen asked. I did a search but couldn't find anything clear about it.

Cheers,

zizou

[woot dinner time :P ]

OSX doesn't need it's own hard drive. Most of the guides here only discuss putting OSX on a partition on the same hard drive as Windows.

When you make the partition, make sure it is a primary partition, not logical/extended - although one guide recommends installing to a logical partition and then converting it to primary afterwards. It should not follow any logical/extended partitions. Format the partition as FAT32. Set its label or type to AF. Set it to active.

The first step of installing OSX involves using Disk Utility (found in the Utilities menu of the installer) to format the partition to a Mac-compatible format of MacOS Extended Journaled (known as HFS+).

Later in the installation, before clicking the Install button, first click the Customize button. Select packages for your computer. Click the little arrow beside the patches category to reveal the individual packages. Select Intel or AMD packages, not both. Select SSE2 or SSE3, not both, depending upon the capability of your processor. Select the Combo Update to get the latest version of OSX. Select other packages only if you are sure your computer can use them. ]

Zizou is right, if RammJet and Ramm are the same person.. Sorry Im new here ;)

Zizou: you don't need to go. This forum isn't just about OSx86 anymore. It's OS X related too. :thumbsup_anim:

- Sb.

That is very true. If I buy a real Mac I won't leave, at least not altogether.

And besides this forum deals with plenty of other issues.

ramm =/= rammjet

Ok. It didnt make sense that they would be the same in a lot of ways, I was just looking it up to prove Ramm wasnt being cold or anything. (In the sense that he didnt remember helping Zizou out)