Openly developing a kernel.

Guest BuildSmart

10 posts in this topic

Guest BuildSmart

Credit for content is given to DaemonES, maxxuss, mifki, zef and kiko.

Credit is given to semthex for providing the sse3 emulator disassembly, which as it turns out is also incomplete.

I don't know who to credit for writing the PHP sse3 emulator bin-patching scripts but believe it to also be semthex but this has been neither confirmed or denied and no one else has claimed authorship.

The purpose of this post is to promote an openly developed kernel project.

Unfortunately the kernel patch is incomplete as DaemonES failed to provide the complete package as he stated he would but the base base is sufficient to allow development for those interested in the project.

There is another kernel developing group but they are a closed development project group and I have been asked by oui who is part of that group to submit code to the project and I'm waiting for the source so I can do this but I'm told that they wont be giving it to anyone who's not part of their group and they're not accepting any new members.

The key has been removed from the kernel source for legal compliance purposes but it's common knowledge so do some research instead of asking about it.

If enough interest is generated in this project I'll look into setting up a repository to further aid in the project's development.

If you have code improvements please post your changes so that others can take advantage of the changes and I'll add update the patch on a weekly basis.

Requirements:

Apple Developer Tools

Kernel developer Tools

Kernel source

You should already know how to locate the requirements so don't waste space by posting questions asking where to locate the requirements.

Attached below is the DaemonES kernel base patch, the PHP bin-patching scripts and for informational purposes the sse3 emulator source as provided by semthex.

DISCLAIMER: THIS TOPIC IS CENSORED

I reserve the right to have any post I feel is not conducive to the projects livelyhood to be removed.

I am trying very hard to provide a source of material and information.

If your post is not a contribution to the advancement of this project it will be deleted.

netkas, please refrain from posting unless you have code snippets you wish to contribute, personal opinions and general chatter should not be posted.

If you're here to instigate trouble, undermine the project or flame the participants your post will be removed.

UPDATE:

daemones_1049.tar.gz has been updated.

bin_patch_scripts.tar.gz

sse3_emu.tar.gz

daemones_1049.tar.gz

Edited by BuildSmart

For more information, go to irc.moofspeak.net and join #kernel, Buildsmart will usually be there.

P.S: thanks to zef for the php patching scripts

P.P.S: And np101137 if you want to see the sse2 that adds in for compile, share the latest semthex source code :)

P.P.P.S: oui is not part of the kernel dev group anymore, he left a while ago

Thread cleaned of flamery, please try to stick to the topic.

BTW: this was done out of obvious need, not through the request or demands of any party.

Note that whichever way this is handled, someone will whine. The previous thread was allowed to carry on unmolested, we saw where that went. This time we'll try to keep it clean, and naturally be accused of censorship.. this is normal and all part of life in this community.

Hagar, my post were about topic.

there is very very small amount of peoples in this "community" who can help with kernel developing, so I do not see any reasons to open my sources e.g. and you Buildsmart will not find peoples who can really help you with it.

DISCLAIMER: THIS TOPIC IS CENSORED

I reserve the right to have any post I feel is not conducive to the projects livelyhood to be removed.

I am trying very hard to provide a source of material and information.

If your post is not a contribution to the advancement of this project it will be deleted.

netkas, please refrain from posting unless you have code snippets you wish to contribute, personal opinions and general chatter should not be posted.

If you're here to instigate trouble, undermine the project or flame the participants your post will be removed.

How exactly are you censoring this post? I dont see an Admin or Moderator badge next to your name. Get the {censored} over yourself you dumb ass piece of {censored}. Im sure this post will not last very long, but you know what, {censored} it....i used to at least lurk around Insanely still, but this idiot has sealed the deal and i have no desire to come back. Btw, Buildsmart...i can already predict your response: "SaberSHO, you are an idiot and need medical help"....thats right, cause everyone who disagrees with you must be far less inteligent then you and suffering from some medical disorder </sarcasm>. And your constant criticism of anyone who doesnt speak english as a first langauge just makes me laugh even more. English is my 2nd language, I have probably made a mistake somewhere in here grammatically or spelllingwise, i guess that makes me a {censored} moron </sarcasm>. You claim that people are keeping sources private for ego reasons, but the only person i see around here with HUGELY inflated ego is yours. so again...GET THE {censored} OVER YOURSELF. All you have done is whine and {censored} about a situation that you didn't like and then sneak behind peoples back to release materials that the original authors didnt want released. I have not seen a SINGLE contribution to the kernel from you. so you know what

PUT UP OR SHUT THE {censored} UP BUILDSMART

Administrators + Mods of IM,

I cannot believe you are actually giving this guy the credit he wants by "cleaning up" this thread for him!?!?/! Are you now his lackeys that do his bidding? This guy writes obvious FlameBait threads and then expects you to clean up his dirty work. Have some pride in yourselves and just delete this/future thread all together. If buildsmart wants to censor anyone who disagrees with him, then let him do it on his own damn forum...dont give in to his massive ego trips.

Ladies, please calm down. If we can't discuss this topic without everyone having to slap each other, then coming to the mods and tattling, i dont really see a reason for this thread to be open...