OSX86 runs on Intel P35 chipset !

AivarAnnamaa

43 posts in this topic

finally, i succeed to install and run uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 yesterday!

i made ich9r and gsata both ahci enable, native mode disable, installed from usb dvd drive.

at first, i made hard disk conect to ich9r, but my hd can not be found in install window!

after conect hd to gsata, successfully installed. but locked up at boot window...

at last, i flashed my mb bios form f5g(beta) to f4(official), made ich9r ahci enable, gsata ide enable, it works!

so strange, i don't known whether it's bios f5g bug or not.

7600gs working good with titan driver, rtl8111 & alc889a can not work. now im trying to make they work.

Hi all,

Newshlt, do you have system sleep/wake function work ? whitout usb problem ?

Thx for the answer :)

I plan to buy GA P35 S3L (cheap, alc888) or DS3P (alc889a), but i really need sleep/wake system function work

Hi all,

Newshlt, do you have system sleep/wake function work ? whitout usb problem ?

Thx for the answer :)

I plan to buy GA P35 S3L (cheap, alc888) or DS3P (alc889a), but i really need sleep/wake system function work

I use GA-P35-DS3R. Eveything works with JAS 10.4.8. However mine does not wake up from sleep. I connected DVD+/-RW drive on Gigabyte SATA with IDE mode and 500GB SATA Hard Drive on ICH9R with AHCI mode. I used the kext file from the above poster for the audio (2 channel only, no input).

regarding what newshlt said about setting up his Mobo, thank you for the advice.

I'm about the embark on this journey which many of you have taken.

I am wondering tho, to ensure a smooth installation & running of the uphuck OSX 10.4.9 on my motherboard, i must do the following?

Connect my Sata hd's to gsata

Make sure my bios is version 4 (however i'm a total noob and couldn't find what version it was in the startup bios screen).

Then insert the dvd, select directory/partition to instal uphuck sox onto.

However, i wish to install it to a spare 320g ide drive. Is this possible.

And more to the point, has anyone succesfully installed the uphuck 10.4.9 on a P35 DS3P quad core with no problems? A

Thank you for all the advice you guys have given. defo alot of clever peeps on here.

btw hi, i'm a noob. look forward to posting more on here :blink:

will let you know how i get on when it finally downloads (in about 2 days or so) ;)

I've recently started on a similar endeavor. I put together the following:

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R

Intel Core 2 Duo E6240

2x1GB Crucial Mem

GIGABYTE GV-NX86T256D (Nvidia 8600 GT, I know it's not supported yet)

Pioneer DVR-112D

I got uphuck 1.4i r3 to boot with ICH9R in AHCI mode and the onboard Jmicron in IDE mode for my IDE Pioneer drive. This is a s far as I've gone so far as the Jmicron IDE controller is not supported by uphuck (see uphuck dvdsupport and patch thread). I believe that JaS does support the Jmicron controller (thread?) so I'm downloading it now.

Am I mistaken? Will the fix for ICH8R work for this board?

Aaron

Can I ask: how the hell did you get it to work? I'm truly at a loss at the mo, I'm runnig a GA-P35-DS3, and I'm majorly lost... I'm not new to hackintoshes, it's just that normally I've stuck to 945G chipsets... only now, I would like a few more features... still waiting though.

You said that you managed to install on P35, but how?? I'm majorly confussed by all of this, as I've tried popping in the JaS 10.4.8 Intel/AMD SSE2/SSE3 disk and I'm not having much luck after installation, just kernel panics.

I've also tried uphuck v1.4i R3 and R1 and I've had little or no luck with that too... I guess I'm just asking anyone out there to tell that that I'm doing something wrong, and push me in the right direction! PLEASE!!

I don't think that uphuck will work with the Jmicron IDE, I couldn't get it to work.

I did get JaS working though. Make sure that when you get to the custom install options, you check the loginmanager fix and don't check the nvidia drivers. These were both causing the kernel panic screen after I installed. If this doesn't work, can you use the -v option on boot and tell us where the boot is failing?

Aaron

Just me agin! Okay, I'm definatly missing something here... I've connected my SATA DVDRW and SATA DVDROM to the orange SATA ports on the ICH9 controller. I've also connected my SATA HD, I get still waiting for root device... Thats a problem as I can't boot from the DVD drives. Next I looked over the bios settings:

SATA RAID/AHCI Mode: AHCI

SATA Port 0-3 Native Mode: Enabled

Onboard SATA/IDE Device: Enabled

Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode: AHCI

I compared these with what I've read on the forums, and by all accounts I seem to be doing this right... However, I tried to install from a USB Drive, and boom! twas done! got my OS on. Now though, it only boots to desktop 40% of the time, and issues me with an error along the lines of: device blocking bus repeatedly... and sometimes just loops when loading the loginwindow.app

Any help would be great! - seems like I'm the only one with this particular board! (GA-P35-DS3 v1.0 BIOS F5)

Hmm... I still can't see any compelling reason to chose P35 over P965.

P965 boards can be found for peanuts now; even really flash ones like my DQ6 are about the same price as the budget P35 boards with plain-jane ICH9s and inferior VRMs... Sure, P35 might do higher FSB overclocks with quad cores, but then again, quad cores have got high multis and don't need such high FSB to reach their overclocking potential anyway. Plus, P965 boards tend to have audio codecs which support line-in under OS X :)

So can I install OSX and get it to boot on my P35-DS3R by having my 320GB SATA drive on the orange port, with AHCI mode ON and Native mode ON? I dont want to havenative mode disabled because that would mean my hard drives dont perform at the best performance. Can someone who has installed it please advice? Thanks!

Sucess!!!

I've managed to do the same as many of you. I've installed OS X on my p35 motherboard. My specs:

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R

2 GB RAM

PNY branded Nvidia 7900 GS with 256 MB

PATA Pioneer DVD+-R

3 SATA HD totaling 1.2 TB

Keyspan Front Row Control (cool, but seems kludgy that OS X just sees it as keyboard that gives Front Row keystrokes)

To install, I set the Gigabyte RAID controller to PATA mode and the Intel controller to AHCI and used the JaS 10.4.8 install disk. I updated to 10.4.10 using koolkal's package. I used RTL1xxx_1.02.pkg to get ethernet working, and used the kext seen in this thread to get stereo sound (which is all I need). To enable front row, I used the installer on this thread. Front Row looks great on my new 32" Sharp Aquos LCD at 1920x1080.

Right now I'm installing Gentoo portage in OS X so I can install gcc-4.2, bash-completion, and update some of Apple's command line tools (bash, grep, etc.).

Has anyone patched there P35 DS3 or DQ6 up to 10.4.10 yet?

I've patched a P35-DS3P from Jas 10.4.8ppf1 to koolkai 10.4.10, everything on the board appears to be working and no disc errors

installed manually

realtek1000.kext vers 1.04

ALC889a 2 ch out, 1 ch in. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...200#entry428712

X1600 pci-e kexts (for X1600) and natit dual v2 (7900GS)

All 6 ICH9 sata ports are functional without any disk errors so far

untested - purple sata ports| stability of IDE channel

• 1 month later...

Need help for installing JaS 10.4.8 on Gigabyte p35C-DS3R board !!!

Successfully, Installed JaS 10.4.8. But 3 Problems left:

1) i've got two SATA HD, one is for Winxp installed. One is for Macx 86.

As we all know, that for Macx86 system on SATA, we should change the BIOS to:

SATA/RAID/AHCI : AHCI.

SATA PORT 0-3 : Enable

But, after that when i restart my pc , it automatelly start with winxp and can't get into...

what's the problem ???

2) sound issue left.

3) Internet connection issue.

Does someone tell me at least , how to start both os correctly? ( because i've got both SATA HD on my board.)

please.....