itunes on windows: disc burner or software not found?

KirbySaysHi

9 posts in this topic

So, I've used itunes (I have an ipod...) for about 4 years now. I installed Vista in March or April. Everything worked fine...

And then yesterday I went to burn a CD in itunes, and the status area gave the following error: Disc Burner or software not found.

And itunes has been acting glitchy since the last update, like having to reconfigure itself everytime I open it...

Has anyone had these problems?

• 4 weeks later...

i actually had this problem, im not sure how i fixed but ill think about it and try to remember and get back to you. i think it might actually have been because of a virtual drive program like daemon tools, try unistalling those if you have any and see what happens

• 3 weeks later...

I've always had problems with iTunes and burning, either it couldn't find the burner, the drive was in use, or if it did work, the CD skipped like a mother. I think Apple needs to work out some kinks in their burning part of iTunes.

I've always had problems with iTunes and burning, either it couldn't find the burner, the drive was in use, or if it did work, the CD skipped like a mother. I think Apple needs to work out some kinks in their burning part of iTunes.

I've always had problems with iTunes (the Windows version that is) period. The store is great but the (Windows) software sucks.

So I finally found a solution to this problem: a new version of the SPTD Driver!

This is usually packaged with Daemon Tools, but a newer version was available on the SPTD website (do a google search) than what was packaged with Daemon. This solved everything, and now it's all good. Yeah!