/com.apple.Boot.plist not found :(

Balamut

34 posts in this topic

Same problem here! on a Toshiba Satellite A60. Im pretty shure the disk works 'cos i've used to install 10.4.6 on my desktop. Is the 10.4.6 Myz.iso.

"/com.apple.Boot.plist cannot be found" every time I try to install from the DVD.

Any solution for this?

EDIT: I think is an speed issue. The dvd unit might be too slow?

It's a Mat{censored}a DVD-RAM UJ-820S.... Maybe I should upgrade the firmware

EDIT 2: Well, If I use VMware the DVD boots without problems. Strange, no?

Anyway I manage to installed natively from VMware to one of my partitions (an AF partition made with DISKPART) from within XP....

I got it installed that way but Im am jhaving issues booting into that partition

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Possible solution :com.apple.Boot.plist NOT FOUND

I have a hpdv9205us, and after lot of suffering with that error:

>> "com.apple.Boot.plist NOT FOUND"

So I put the password on the of setup BiOS, so it must be typed when start-up, and latter I start normally without that error above.

Another option that I test was, type >>PAUSE/BREAK<< soon after turne on, and before the boot startup (I pressed the pause on the screen of the BIOS, approximately 10 secounds, and than I typed ENTER (ofcouse)

Easy right?

Goog lucky, I hope to help everyone, especially to users of HP DV-XXXX

PS: If this work as well in others BIOS, please post here

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

AMAZING!

kjpu: this worked for me too! How did you discover it?? I am on an HP DV6000 (6325US) and I first added the password to BIOS (I did both the BIOS admin and startup pass) but that didn't work alone.

I tried pressing PAUSE/BREAK at different times after startup and before/after putting in the new password... after PAUSE/BREAK I would flip on caps-lock, type ENTER, and press return.

When Darwin came up, I pressed spacebar and after a few tries the DVD started to boot up! iAtkos 4 got to the Apple logo but then I got a circle with a slash through it.

So then I tried a Kalyway 10.5.2 disk that had been updated with the JMicron/Chameleon patch and I'm waiting for it to find the root device.

This is MUCH further along than before, obviously...

THANK YOU!!!

UPDATE: I restarted and pressed PAUSE/BREAK during the first boot screen before it asks for my startup password...hit capslock and typed ENTER, pressed return, then it got to my startup password, turned off caps-lock and put that in, got to Darwin and hit F8, added the startup options "-v -x" ... crossing my fingers.

OK, stuck on DSMOS:Starting

rebooted again with just "-v" ... no dice, that didn't work either.

So now trying with original Kalyway 10.5.2 without patch....whoa...lots of PS2 errors... tried again... seems to behave differently depending on how long I PAUSE/BREAK for (??) Right now I'm getting &&&&&&&&&&&&&& but it's still doing something. Well, I'm happy that SOMEthing is happening....HOLY {censored} IT BOOTED UP... I'm on the Leopard language screen!

I'm Installing... we'll see what happens next.

Another option you can try that worked for me on my dv6000 series is this...

On initial boot, I had to do this REALLY quick:

- ESC

- Select boot from HD, ENTER

- When boot countdown starts, hit ENTER, -v, ENTER

After that I edited com.apple.Boot.plist to set timeout to 2, kernel flag to -v.

Reboot, enter BIOS and set BIOS password (made it short, like 123 or asd or whatever).

Reboot

Quickly enter password and hit ENTER

Wait...and voila!

Now all I have to do is boot, enter password and done.

ADDENDUM: so I'm able to get past the error without adding the BIOS password and just by pressing PAUSE/BREAK during the initial boot screen and waiting a few seconds, then pressing enter.

Course, I have to do this every time I boot :) So I'll try to patch the installed system after I get the other stuff working ... a year from now :D

• 10 months later...